Process stopped

I’m not sure what sc is. Are you in JPAS? A security officer could tell you. If you can’t get an answer from a politician you could hire a clearance lawyer. Seems like might have to start over with another employer.

Thanks Santa. SC is Scattered Castle. I did have a brief phone conversation with the Lawer who told me I don’t have a case because there was no discrimination involved. To hire a Lawer to do the proper work for a case probably doomed to fail would cost thousands that I don’t have.
A contractor is sponsoring my clearance now, but they had to start over, so god knows how long this will take. It would have been much easier and quicker if my complete status was reflected on SC. This sucks.

You’re right. If you don’t want to wait all you can do is keep applying. If you are clearable someone will hire you. Being hired for an actual government job takes a long time. Being hired by a Private contractor on a temp interim clearance doesn’t If you have a clean background and good credit etc. If you have anything that would prevent getting a clearance work on those items. I don’t know what scattered castles is. Is this an IT job or what category?

As I understand Scattered Castles is the same as JPAS but for three letter agencies. I think they have their own system where they enter your investigation result. It doesn’t matter if it’s for IT or anything else, in my case I am being processed for a linguist position.

If you’re in the DC area you should have no problem getting an offer. I personally don’t want to move there.

Well, I need to get a clearance before getting an offer.

I don’t think thats how it works. You get hired- an offer- with an interim “…” or whatever they call it to work. Then you work for months waiting for the clearance. Then you either get it or not. Otherwise how are you supposed to support yourself while waiting? Bottom line, waiting for the phone to ring isn’t how most people get jobs. They send out resumes every day, take classes, finish a cert or degree, update Linkedin, talk to recruiters, pass tests and network with others. If you’re targeting a high salary you better do that because everyone else is.

1 Like

The thing is, there is no interim for linguists, they are not going to hire you if you don’t have a TS already, unless it’s not a cleared position, but then you don’t need a clearance.
I do have a job, I’m not waiting for them for two years to finish their investigation.

Reactivating this topic. Quick synopsis: I applied to a 3 letter agency in 2018 for a Contract Linguist position, completed BI, poly and favoroubly adjudicated and got a call from them to come for “processing”. Long story short - I never got to the read in step, so never got the TS (you can read the whole story above if you want).
I was told by someone on this board to submit FOIPA request, which I did and have received it a few days ago. I am not a lawyer, but that thing looks useless to me, I dont see anything there that would say that my investigation was successfully completed or anything like that. What am I supposed to do with it?
I am currently being processed by a contractor for a DOD client for TS/SCI clearance. They had to start over because they couldn’t find anything under my name for the investigation completed by that fed agency.
I would still like to persue that agency’s opportunity, just dont know what to do with that FOIPA report.

Nothing, getting this is mostly useless. You could never use it anyway. Normally people request this when they are rejected and want to see what is in the notes.

I would just move on for now.

Why wouldn’t you just REAPPLY? The contract linguist position is ‘always’ open under the talent network. One year has passed from your initial application, you have passed the poly and your BI seems to be favorable, so nothing is stopping them to consider your candidacy. Maybe it will give the needed boost.
And the FOIPA is more like for-your-information-type-of-thing, not much can be done with it. Maybe an experienced lawyer will notice something.

Yep, I did that. They didnt respond. I’m going to move on now, will concentrate on my current processing.

On and off I’m checking their website for open positions. They have a Contract Linguist Interest Pool information session that will be in Texas this year (last year in NY) and languages of interest Chinese (of all dialects), Farsi, Arabic - Iraqi, Maghrebi, Sudanese, and Yemeni. No RU this year. Very possible the reason for not responding they already hired or in process of hiring enough of RU linguist and not because you are on some type of blacklist. Don’t overthink.

1 Like

@GenerationX Thanks. I always imagine the worst case scenario. :slight_smile:
And you might be right, I used to apply to them once every few years and after maybe ten years of that they invited me to do the language tests. So maybe in another ten I’ll get a second chance.

1 Like

Just curious how long it took for the FBI security team to reach out to you after you passed all your tests?

I think it was within a month, if I remember correctly. And it was the same person who was setting up all tests for me.

1 Like

Here’s my timeline for the same Contract Linguist position:

11/18/2020 SF86 submitted
12/10/2020 security interview
12/20/2020 Poly
02/2021 started contacting references
11/30/2021 clearance was favorably adjudicated

Still waiting to go in to finish paperwork and security brief.

1 Like