Question about NSA background investigation

Hi All,

I have a question why did I never receive any call from the background investigator although my security form SF-86 was approved 3 months ago?
One of my friends received an email to let him know that his security form SF-86 was approved and then he also received a call from a background investigator a few days later, and he also got scheduled for poly/psych in the same month.
However, I never received any call or scheduling request for poly/psy although my security form SF-86 was approved long time ago. Is there any way that I can contact or ask them about it?

1 Like

Either y’all were not getting the same level of clearance or he had some issues you did not have. A secret clearance only has a subject interview when issues are present and a top secret always has a subject interview.

I think they can expedite some clearances for certain positions.
Your timeline seems normal so far.
Reach out to your recruiter and inquire if you’re worried.

1 Like

We actually applied for the same position so I think we both need to obtain the top secret. But my case progress takes much longer than my friend’s case.
I just don’t know the reason so I wonder if there’s any way that I can track or ask about my status

1 Like

I’ve already received an email saying that my security form SF-86 was approved and will now be reviewed to determine the next step in your security processing.
However, it’s been 3 months since I received that email, either me or my relationships never received any phone call from background investigator.

1 Like

Me too, i checked there is no soft pull as well on my credit.
Can you please ask as to which background agency the investigator belonged to was it DCSA. If it is then probably they arent using their own investigators.

Hi, if you dont mind, could you share your journey thus far and talk about the timeline on how long after your sf-86 acceptance, your clearance process started.
Thanks!

1 Like

My SF86 was accepted two weeks after submission (submitted late November). Credit was pulled immediately.They reached out to me a couple of times over the following two months for more info about things (past finances, travel, etc), but my references weren’t contacted until April, just before my SI/poly/psych. In adjudication now.

1 Like