Questions for first BI-SF86

I’ve received a tentative offer for a federal job and I’m in the process of completing my SF86. The position is in education and is labeled as a “non critical sensitive” position. This is my first background investigation. I was under the impression that I would be starting fairly soon (end of August/September time frame), but looking online it looks like a clearance can take up to a year. I know that I will NOT be handling any type of classified materials. I have a few questions:

1. Due to being a non critical sensitive risk level, will the investigation be quicker/not as in depth as others, therefore not taking as long?
  2. On the relatives section-both my sisters have been remarried and had several name changes. In the comments box is it enough to say “My sister remarried and changed her name.”? I’m trying to be as thorough as possible to expedite the process.
  3. Also one of my sisters and my mom were both born abroad. I did put down the required information for each of them, does this lead to an automatic “flag”?
    Thank you!

The clearance process has no specific timeframe unless the agency requesting it has paid extra for expedited service. Using the SF-86 generally indicates a T3 or T5 investigation. Both are in depth.

You list all names had and the timeframes those names were used.

Additional questions will probably need answers in connection to birth outside the US. Details needed include location, is dual citizenship involved, and how was us citizenship obtained. This also opens another string of questions: foreign influence. Are there family members or friends associated with the country of birth? Financial investments, foreign property, inheritance and so on.