Re-Applying After Turning down NSA FJO

I successfully completed my background investigation, poly, and psych eval ~1.5 years ago and received a FJO. I elected to remain at my current employer because by the time it had been completed, I was no longer prepared to make the move because of personal circumstance. I am now completely prepared, have had a lot more experience, and made it to the interview stage on the same job incredibly quickly. (it seems I’ve piqued someone’s interest and I am being fast-tracked). If I receive a CJO, am I in a range where my previous background investigation is still considered, or will a brand new one be needed? Would they need to contact my current employer? I took my employer’s counter-offer for a big salary increase + benefits and would like to avoid an embarrassing reach-out to my boss indicating that I re-applied. If it comes down to it, does my boss need to be the one contacted again?

1 Like

In cases like this I think they will re-use as much of the previous investigation as they possibly can, and if nothing has changed, they may not do any more contacts. You might be asked to fill out a new form but once they see nothing has changed they may decide to skip it.

I dont know about the poly, since it has been over a year… think I read on here (or the late lamented Federal Soup :disappointed_relieved: ) that somebody in a similar situation had to redo the poly after a year. As for the psych eval they may want to make sure you are still weird enough to work there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for replying! I’m a pretty vanilla guy, so hopefully it doesn’t come to the contact research again. The poly and psych I kind of expected. Little annoying, but definitely willing to make the trip for it again. It was an experience.

1 Like