Re-bid contract drama

Some last thoughts. I spoke with my manager about this whole thing and was told that Paragon is checking stats every week, not at the end of the month as we were told in May. My manager actually said it is a “Hunter Games” situation. WTF? It seems as if Paragon wants us to quit or work as a contractor rather than keep us as employees. I’m assuming we still need to meet our numbers regardless of whether a hurricane hits us here in Florida in the future.

2 Likes

Yep. Agree SF86. Everyone seems pretty miserable. The company went from an entity of integrity and quality to a sh!t show of shadiness overnight. The metrics were rolled out and when the requirements are met, the goal changes. Definitely not a desired employer anymore. My guess everyone is looking elsewhere.

2 Likes

There are three people on my team that are on notice to improve or they’re gone. I will be surprised if the company lasts until December

1 Like

What area are you in? Train wreck in progress…

1 Like

I am in Georgia area

Sounds like you want the company to fail.

I don’t want it to fail. All I know is they let a number of people go without any warning or chance to improve. Just told them it was performance. As word of this spreads more people will leave.

1 Like

Your timeline sounds accurate, good call. Companies come and go but the work and jobs are always here at other companies. What I want to know is when are they going to cut the dead weight in Team Leads that barely have any people and have been kept wasting company money like mamma’s favorite child. Come on people condense the teams and get rid of the Team Lead dead weight since you’re doing that to Investigators. By the way… you’re welcome to all management from all the people you just fired and us still working who pay your salary that you wouldn’t get without us in the field working.

2 Likes

Sounds like your Paragon mgmt?

1 Like

No. I’m not. But, I’ve been around long enough to know that this business has always been for profit. The day that OPM spun off background investigations in the 1990s and created USIS it became about profit. The federal government cannot exist without contractors no matter what anyone thinks.

1 Like

Sounds they they need/want to convert the investigators to 1099

I have contact with investigators from various locations and they’re all looking for new jobs. All of them even told me the investigators they know are also looking. It is really a shame how Paragon bent over for CACI the way they did when only a few weeks ago we were told that Paragon will still be Paragon and “we’re not CACI”. It is a real shame. In the end Paragon will lose most of it’s investigators who are the back bone of the company. Without us there is no Paragon.

4 Likes

Agreed. No Investigators = No revenue.
Not sure they even care. If they do, wish they’d express it.

3 Likes

Maybe I will apply with Peraton. How are they to work for?

Long time lurker, first time poster. Not sure if anyone has first hand knowledge or not of what they, Paragon, are actually now doing. Many probably do not as they have not communicated/warned us about it at all. It is correct, what was stated above, they are now judging us on a weekly basis instead of monthly. And if you do not meet their weekly minimum expectation, which was upped by 5 WTs per week with just an email notification, you will be contacted by your FTL and reduced to PT, 20 hours per week, for the next week. You are still expected to get half of the actual weekly goal amount, not the minimum, though in the reduced hours timeframe. Those hours of course include any drive time/unproductive time, unless you are comfortable working off the clock.

Management is delusional they’ll never admit it.

3 Likes

FYI Paragon Investigators: CACI is willing and ready to immediately hire Paragon Investigators. For it to be legal (due to the subk agreement) all you have to do is first apply online. Then a recruiter calls in like 1 day, you email your resume and the Team Lead is on the phone ready to interview within 3 days… I know nobody wants to work for CACI but it is an option.

1 Like

The last Paragon investigator I knew left on 5/31/23. There are no other Paragon folks in my area.

1 Like

Yes this is true. Got word this past week they reduced a ton of people down to 20 hours without any prior notice or warnings due to “production”. Paragon is sadly not what it used to be and has been consumed by CACI.

3 Likes

No factual insight from me - just observation at this point: From the time that Paragon/SCIS decided to sell their soul to the devil (CACI) as a sub-contractor, it was over for them. Since the contract requires 30% go to a sub (small biz, etc.) and, as far as I know, CACI only has one other sub, Accelerate or Xcelerate or something, Paragon had to position themselves staff-wise accordingly. CACI has fewer help desk people and reviewers are just looking at cases from the beginning of this year, so it is a mess on the prime side, too. Paragon is trying to get down to a number of investigators for the reduced workload as a sub. CACI is all about management bonuses.

6 Likes