Re-bid contract drama

You are correct about who issues the SID. What I meant what it is just one more thing to deal with.

Well, Iā€™ve heard it all now. From the top boss at Paragon today during his latest update emailā€¦Paragon is now considering becoming a subcontractor for Peraton. Like I really need or want a third computer on my desk along with my personal computer? NO thanks. Iā€™ve had enough of these headaches so far with just adding CACI. UGH.

1 Like

Independent contractors work with two or more laptops all the time.

Iā€™ve never heard of a subcontractor company working with two primes on the same contract with the same agency. Thatā€™s new territory. By the way, it sure seems funny that as a full timer youā€™re not allowed to work for two companies on the same contract because itā€™s considered a ā€œconflict of interest.ā€ But now we see one subcontractor company (Paragon) seeking to work for two primes (CACI and Peraton). Apparently the conflict of interest rule only applies to the peons and not the companies making up rules who can break or remake them to suit their needs.

FYI to all the discontents: Once a subcontractor agreement is signed itā€™s too late to switch companies because thereā€™s usually some type of clause in the contract that disallows the prime company from poaching the subcontractors employees without a ā€œcooling off periodā€ of maybe 6 months or so. Not 100% sure of this but thatā€™s how itā€™s been in the past. Meaningā€”you cannot switch employers to work directly for CACI or Peraton and thereā€™s basically no place else to work.

Personally I wouldnā€™t worry about working for two, four, or six agencies or companies until they mess with your money which probably will occur in the future when they begin ā€œrewarding those who produce for their hard workā€ which means dis-awarding those who donā€™t produceā€¦and this is coming soon to a theater near you.

I donā€™t mind working hard, but it totally sucks that Iā€™m getting paid $25 an hour in Florida instead of $40 an hour in California for the same damn work!!! And donā€™t say anything about the cost of living as an excuse. An issue is an issue is an issue regardless of the state you work in.

1 Like

So youā€™re thinking paragon employees will be ineligible for employment with Peraton or CACI? Kind of messed up.

1 Like

If you donā€™t like differences in pay due to cost of living then government work is not for you, just saying. They have to follow the amount that the government sets in the contract. When I was an officer for the BOP there was differences in pay according to where in the country you worked. You are fighting a losing battle. If you want California pay then go live in California.

1 Like

I donā€™t understand how they would be able to be the subcontractor for two companies unless perhaps the investigators were all converted to independent contractors.

1 Like

CACI recruiting shouldnā€™t be contacting Paragon employees and vice versa now that the agreement is in place. Thatā€™s where it ends. Itā€™s a free country and you can apply where you would like and the companies can interview and offer who they like.

well thats cute. I am an independent contract for Peraton and Paragon. (2 laptops). Now CACI is in the mix (3rd laptop). I wonder what happens if Paragon begins working for Peraton. 4th laptop? Also Paragon pays more than Peraton. So do I pull back work with Peraton, to work more for Paragon on Peraton work?

This is so silly.

Also an interesting note. For years I have been told that we do things certain ways because DCSA has told us it is supposed to be done that way. tiny things likeā€¦certain disclaimers, issue codes, wordingā€¦etc. But for each company it is different depending on who their POC with DCSA is.

now back to figure out my laptop storage solutions.

Thanks for the laugh! You should start charging a storage rent fee for all the different laptops. And youā€™re right, each company has different fieldwork protocol, review processes, etc.

3 Likes

My office looks like a Best Buy Geek Squad. Dont even get me started on the storage situation for case papers, I work ALL the contracts for one company, DCSA and DHS for the other, DCSA for CACIā€¦I got more SIDs, badge numbers, investigator IDS, than a person should have. AND PASSWORDS, dont get me started on PASSWORDS

5 Likes

Well now Paragon is laying off people in the records department.

I heard most of those people went to DCSA.

1 Like

Maybe Iā€™m old school, but given the current economy, Iā€™m happy to have a job. Right now I donā€™t care how many laptops I have.

2 Likes

This is a great time to be laid off! Lowest unemployment rate in 50 years and those with a clearance are especially employable.

1 Like

They were DCSA. unfortunately.

Iā€™m in the same boat. I set up 2 monitors with a HDMI switcher and USB switcher so I can jump between my personal for ADC/DHS work, Paragon computer, and Peraton computer. I have not yet received my CACI computer. Itā€™s working and I still have space for the CACI when it comes, its a mess though.

LOL ExactDateUnrecalled! Thatā€™s hilarious. I hear ya!

Well, if anyone still cares here is the latest. Paragon did finally give us a raise for all of this CACI fiasco, however now the bad news. Paragon has been taken over by CACI. I donā€™t care what management says. They are now pushing and demanding stats on us. Yes, I know we all had them before with CACI and Keypoint, but thatā€™s not the point. They flooded us with CACI cases, their words and now donā€™t care about ACDs, just production numbers. If you donā€™t meet the numbers be prepared to be terminated or switched to 1099 status. Well, Iā€™m about to resign over this.

3 Likes