Re-bid contract drama

One (Paragon Investigations) has been a prime vendor on the contract for 5+ years and has a much more robust infrastructure/history/experience given federal background investigations is all the sector does. The other one (PMS) is a small business which “specializes in Federal Law Enforcement Support, Human Resources/Staffing, Program Operations, Administration, Facilities Support, and Healthcare Staffing and Operations Support.” Not much to compare as I see it.

3 Likes

Published today.

I believe Potomac is going to be a sub-contract for Peraton.

If you are currently full time with Paragon why aren’t you considering just going to Peraton as a full time employee? If you know any Peraton employees they can refer you and get a bonus for doing so. There are plenty of open positions.

Have you worked for both Pargaon and Peraton? If you have, that question probably would never enter your mind. My experience with Peraton/Keypoint was a micro-managed, production hounding machine. In my experience over the past 5-6 years, Paragon has been the more employee focused, quality prioritized vendor out there. It’s the same work, but you can do it and be respected or you can do it with a whip to your back.

8 Likes

How much you get harassed and micro managed is totally manager dependent from manager to manager and really has nothing to do with the company. Some managers “manage” by intimidating and pressuring investigators into faster production and more source units and others show leadership and ownership in their investigators and their own behavior. After 15 years in this business I have found most of the management in the industry to be inexperienced, poor, and immature. Pressure driven management has proven to result in bad legally questionable behavior. (Wells Fargo, VW, etc.)

3 Likes

The author way undervalued these contracts. There are two. Paragon protested both. EACH is worth up to $2.25 billion. Together they’re worth up to $4.5 billion.

Well, it’s official now. Received an email yesterday from the president at Paragon. No surprises. The contract was awarded to CACI and Peraton, staring around April 1, 2023. Paragon will be a sub-contractor to CACI. Workload is not supposed to change. I guess time will tell…

1 Like

As of today, 2/17/23, does Paragon plan to continue Background Investigations? I have had a conditional offer with them since June of 2022, received my clearance in December and have been told I’m waiting for a training date, but very little communication from Paragon directly. After reading about these other companies Paragon seems to be more squared away than the others, but at the same time, not sure how long I should wait…

Yes. Paragon will continue in background investigations.

Paragon was not awarded the new DCSA Contract however they will be working as a sub contractor for CACI. I would guess this means that Paragon will no longer be taking on the expense of training new investigators. The cost of the class as well as the cost that it takes to pull a qualified investigator out of the field to train a new employee is too much expense for a sub contractor.

Being cleared CACI or Peraton will probably hire you in a heartbeat. Ignore the chatter you hear in here. Both places are the same. What makes or breaks the job for you is your direct supervisor. Both places have excellent managers and have brain dead zombies that shouldn’t be in the position. It’s a roll of the dice to see who you get.

I heard Paragon has a new training class starting shortly after new contract takes effect. Don’t go to CACI or Peraton. They suck balls.

4 Likes

Paragon will be having training classes and hiring for both DCSS and DHS investigators.

1 Like

I work at paragon and was told 24% of CACI’s contract will go to paragon.

2 Likes

Is 24% the same or less work volume that Paragon used to receive? Are layoffs in the horizon?

I don’t know but think the workload should be the same or a little bit more than what they’re getting now. I have not heard anything about layoffs don’t think so just because they don’t have that many full-time people.

What is the current workload for investigators at Paragon? The summary I received back in June 2022 said investigators typically get at least 30 hours a week. Does that sound accurate?

What is the difference between the DSCA and DHS training if any?

Okay, here is the latest update as I see it. CACi has taken over Paragon. I don’t care what anyone says. CACI sent us (Paragon) investigators a computer and a hard rsa token and caci issued email, so we can access CACI stuff. We got new SIDs for DCSA work. We MUST use all CACI documents for reporting. I am assuming that CACI reviewers will be reviewing our reports. I might as well work for CACI and get paid more money. This totally SUCKS.

1 Like

You have that wrong. It is not CACI giving you a new SID, it is DCSA. The SID identifies what vendor you work for. If CACI was a SUBK for Paragon, the same thing would be happening in reverse. If you were a independent contractor working for multiple vendors on the DCSA contract, you would have different SIDS and separate laptops.

1 Like

Yup. My PTO accruals would double and my health insurance contributions would be cut in half. Not sure the incentive to stay.