Re-bid contract drama

Thank you . That’s my worry is the work won’t be there .

Anyone hearing anything lately? Trying to decide if i need to jump or stay.

Do you want unemployment in December to relax with awhile or do you want to keep working? I jumped and others i know also jumped. Ive had 2 different contract companies straight up tell me para lost the contract. If you stay do it for the unemployment even though i suspect theyre currently brainstorming on how to get out of paying it…maybe by offering less work or 1099 or something.

I don’t think any of the contract companies have any answers. They will say what they need to for their own agendas. They can speculate but the contract hasn’t been awarded or lost by anyone yet and to state otherwise is irresponsible
The way CACI and Peraton are recruiting seems desperate. And anyone who goes over there better be prepared to get treated like nothing more than a statistic and be constantly badgered over numbers.

2 Likes

All I know is that Paragon in Florida could care less about their investigators. I can’t believe that my lead was more interested in having more work assigned to the Florida team before we lost power so that we could print all of the material we needed. And then what? What are we supposed to do then? work in the dark? Call leads who have evacuated the areas? Simply unacceptable behavior.

4 Likes

Wow that is disgusting. All so the TL could meet their quota for the month, shame!

1 Like

Same. Unbelievable I couldn’t believe it lol

Interesting article…

Well, just got an email at Paragon that the GAO denied Paragon’s pre-award protest. It appears that the plan is for Paragon to pair up with CACA, I mean CACI as a sub-contractor…“check please.”

1 Like

I hate to hear that about Paragon. We all know what happened when ISN paired up with CACI…

1 Like

What happened? I don’t know the story…

God speed to those with Paragon. I wouldn’t wish working at CACI on my worst enemy. It was once a fine and decent employer, at least in my experience, but that all went to heckfire in the most recent few years. Upper management is so out of touch with reality and are nothing more than money hungry and push off every ounce of tedious hard work on overworked and under appreciated investigators to get to said money.

3 Likes

It’s really unfortunate for Paragon and the industry. CACI and Peraton will swoop in and act like they are changed companies, focused on their culture, their people, etc…from what I hear, Paragon did it right from the very beginning. It will likely be a very difficult transition for any of those investigators who decide to remain in the industry to go to one of those companies.

4 Likes

Also, I would imagine that Paragon is going to be paid less now for the work, which I am assuming is going to trickle down to the investigators. Is my thinking wrong on this?

1 Like

I don’t think that is a logical conclusion.

What are the pros and cons of staying with a sub versus leaving for a prime? Paragon made it seem like nothing would change but I know that’s too good to be true.

I think more details are needed before any hasty decisions are made. I think DCSA didn’t get this one right.

2 Likes

CACI said that they are teaming up with CANDA (?) and Paragon as “small business subs” - 30% of the contract supposedly. Of course, CACI said that this will NOT mean less work for CACI employees…I’ll believe it when I see/don’t see it.

1 Like

Not true. Those working on an SCA contract (which DCSA is) are required to be paid the Wage Determination rate per DOL. This would include investigators.

3 Likes

Just received a job inquiry from Peraton to work with Potomac Management Solutions as a BI. Don’t know if that is any better than my current position with Paragon and its impending future with CACI.