Reaching out to a congressman

Good luck, friend. I hope it works out for you, and you get to see some movement!

1 Like

@Batdog123, I appreciate it man.

@Trey3ā€¦reach out for me too while youā€™re at it lol. J/K of course, Iā€™m impatient, but my TL is not as long as yoursā€¦YET!

1 Like

@EdFarmerIII, dumb questionā€¦ since said Agency is a DoD (IC) Agency in Ft. Meade, MD (:wink:)ā€¦ should I list the name or just DoD?

I know itā€™s a silly question, but I feel like I have to ask. :man_shrugging:t5:

Donā€™t be too rough on meā€¦Lol

@Batdog123, @Rkf4ever, @velcroTech and @EdFarmerIII, Welpā€¦ I submitted the form. Iā€™ll check in with them tomorrow, to see if itā€™s up to snuff for them.

Wish me luck, folks.

1 Like

Good luck. Did you read the article that I posted the link to above?

1 Like

@velcroTechā€¦ yes, I did. It was very informative and helpful. It gave me a sense of ease. I donā€™t know why I was so apprehensive ā€” I still am to an extent. But I guess I did what I had to do. Almost a year in business days since SF-86 submittal, almost four months since completing poly/psychā€¦ maybe it was time to reach out.

The Senators rep even was surprised by the length in time.

There is nothing classified about listing the agencyā€™s name. As a general rule of thumb, you should be as specific as possible as to the agency who will be doing background investigation or adjudication.

Chances are that you probably will be disappointed in the wait or the ā€œinsufficientā€ response from your congressional representatives. However, keep in mindā€¦ those representatives are elected to represent you.

I had a friend who was fed up with the process and she literally went to her congressional offices and demanded a meeting with her senator, which she got it afrer a few visits. In the end, it was worth it for her.

2 Likes

@AWoodhull, ok, I just wanted to make sure, that makes sense.

Yeah, I know thereā€™s probably not much they can do or that I should expect anything soon. But at this point, this is probably my only recourse and it actually makes me feel like Iā€™m doing something other than waiting around.

It took a little over a month for my senator to get information back to me. What I think what happened is that my senator contacted agency and asked about my status. Agency saw that nothing has happened with my case in over a year and didnā€™t want to respond saying that so they called me immediately to schedule appointments. After appointments I received letter from senator about those appointments and HR was wrapping up some things on their end. I think I would still be in limbo if I didnā€™t contact senator.

2 Likes

Most of the time, contacting reps does nothing for you at all. However, if you turn out to one those who has been slipping between the floor boards, it can be the bump that is needed to get you back on track.

This is just an opinion . . .

3 Likes

it does help if your congressional representatives have the clout or sit on powerful committee(s).

1 Like

Could be taking a second poly be the reason I havenā€™t heard anything yet?

Good for any IC applicants living in VAā€¦

@Jobseeker, how so???

@Trey3 I think one of the VA senators is on the IC committee, so he would have some serious influence. I know someone locally was, but I cant remember which state.

(Edit, just looked it up. Looks like the Vice Chairman on the IC committee is from VA.)

Had my interview today and having some past employers being major, major PITAā€™s and refusing to cooperate. I hope that comes back more on them than me. Heck the one who is acting the worse is actually one that I thought everything was golden and peachy with. Surprised me. Poor investigator, lol. Interested to see how long this would delay everything.

1 Like

@Batdog123, that sucks man. Iā€™m sorry. I hope they get their acts together.

Any other news from your investigator?

@Batdog123ā€¦oh man sorry to hear those people are acting up. Hopefully, it doesnā€™t delay things

1 Like

@Trey3 He still had some references to follow up with, but said after he finishes his report, everything gets sent to adjudication. I donā€™t think there was any situations that would cause for red flags other than my past employer acting like a weirdo, lol. But from what I heard, that part seems to be a nonissue showing more on the character of that individual, versus me. I hope, at least.

@Rkf4ever i hope not too! But it should be all fine. I got all fingers and toes crossed. Arenā€™t you still in adjudication limbo-land?

1 Like

@Batdog123ā€¦yes Iā€™m in the ā€œfinished everything back in April, received the you are active in suitability phase email in Juneā€ limbo. I just want to know when it goes to adjudicationā€¦is that too much to ask lol

1 Like