Reaching out to a congressman

@Rkf4ever Yes, lmao. I wonder if you are already in it? Sept is five months from that, and I know you said you had a reminder set to follow up with them then. Hope that you hear something before that! That would be awesome.

I’m gonna set a notification for 5 months from the beginning of next week, or whenever my investigator tells me the report is done, and follow up then.

1 Like

@Batdog123 and @Rkf4ever… good luck fellas!!!

@Batdog123, so he did his report really quickly huh?

@Trey3

He still has references and contacts to meet with, so no, I don’t think the report is done yet. The interview was only about 45mins long.

1 Like

Oh ok, gotcha. So how does finally feel to be at this point?

@Trey3

Nice, but nerve-wracking. Atleast in the poly they gave a pass or fail indication. With the Psych and PRSI it just feels like. … “Did I say something wrong?” the whole time with no real relief. I guess I will either get denial papers or an FJO, lol. Part of the journey though, lol.

1 Like

@Batdog123, absolutely.

So, do you think me having to take a second poly could be the cause of the delay with respect to finally speaking with my BI?

And also, when he/she finally reached out… was it from some random number and did they say how long they would be staying in your area?

@Batdog123…I too wonder if I am in it by now since I got the “active in suitability phase” email at beginning of June. You are correct though, I have a reminder to contact my recruiter in September which is 5 months from my pysch, 3 months from that email. Recruiter said minimum 4 months, so I figure September is good middle ground. It would be great to hear something positive before that though.

1 Like

@Trey3

Honestly, I am not sure about the second poly part of things. I think the Poly/Psych and BI are all independent parts that flow forward regardless of the position of the other, or atleast that was what I was told. I just wonder if maybe the investigators in your area are really backlogged, as that seemed to be the case with mine.

It was from a Google search-able number, and he is actually from this area. No, there was no secrecy to his contact info/etc. But I think he covers the entire area from head to toe by himself, because some of my references recognized him from being references for someone elses.

I did remind a lot of my references, and scheduled as many of them to be in the area or made note of where they would be that day so I could help the guy out. Still have a couple stranglers but otherwise he has met with a ton already.

@Rkf4ever I’m not sure, I received that email in June too, but I hadn’t had my BI done yet. So I couldn’t have been in adj yet. Not sure!

1 Like

@Batdog123, so now I’m confused… bear with me here… so if we’re referring to the same agency, I thought said Agency did it’s own BIs.

So you’re guy is a contractor I’d assume?

Excuse all these questions. Just trying to get a baseline for all this.

@Batdog123…still amazed that we got the same email, however the suitability phase does include security, BI, and poly/psych, so I guess we technically were at the same place but for different reasons. Why I’m trying to figure it all out is because I had my subject interview in February, Poly in March and Psych in April. There is literally nothing left on my side. My BI said she was submitting her reports about 2 weeks after we met. Of course she may or may not have actually kept that TL, but nevertheless, all I can do is wait at this point. I would feel better if I actually knew if I was in adjudication, that way I could feel a little closer to the finish line.

1 Like

@Trey3 I certainly don’t mind!!! Ask anything, I can only give my experience/best advice since this is the first time for me. So make sure you only take it with a grain of salt, because I could absolutely be wrong.

This guy had a DoD badge, but I google his info, and a company name separate from DoD came up. So I am not sure if contractors come with DoD badges, but I assume they do. I didn’t think to ask him. So my assumption (which may be very incorrect) would be that said agency handles hiring/sending the BI, instead of sending over to NBIB to hire/send a person. I really don’t know how the other agencies handle that.

@Rkf4ever Its definitely an uneasy feeling not knowing where you stand. the sit it and forget it method is so often advised, but so hard to do. But it will make the call/email so much more satisfying when you get it!!

1 Like

@Batdog123, thanks I appreciate what you’re doing… you certainly don’t have to.

Ok, so that makes sense.

I think it’ll be funny if/when we both get FOJs, that we could be walking past each-other at work one day and NOT even know it…lol.

@Trey3

I know, I don’t know if I am happy or sad about that, lol. I have a "friend’ I chatted with the whole way up until they got their FJO, and I really wanted to tell them to find me and chat once we are both in…but i felt creepy, lol.

But I also am an awkward individual in person and real life personalities sometimes can be vastly different.

2 Likes

@Batdog123, I get that. But at the end of the day… those are already established relationships - in a weird way - but it’s still a relationship nonetheless. So, if you ever get that chance take it because it’ll probably be a lot harder to meet people once you get the FJO.

In my profession… you’re coming across random people all the time and make friends or at the very least close associates.

Mark Warner is ranking member on intelligence in the senate

1 Like

@Jobseeker, I’ll give him a call…lol.

My investigation was completed and submitted for adjudication in October 2014. I reached out to my Senator in May 2015. Two weeks later, I received a letter written by the head of the DoD CAF addressed to my Senator regarding what happened. They had asked OPM for SSI and OPM dropped the ball and my case was never looked at. Then, the Senator reached out to OPM and I was contacted by an investigator a week later. Two weeks after that I received a favorable adjudication. I voted for that senator the last election despite me not being a fan of his political party :smile:

6 Likes

@yassal2017… Hey, no judgment here…lol.

Glad it worked out for you.

1 Like

Now, the other waiting game begins… the person handling my case has begun the process of reaching out to said Agency.

1 Like

Thats progress already though!

I have no idea if my investigator is going to tell me when the report is done or not. There was one reference he couldnt get ahold of, and I have lined them up for him now, but nothing. They say they haven’t heard from him, they even tried calling him, and just nothing. They are the last one from my SF86 that has yet to be interviewed. I trust the guy, but dang I hope that he can get in touch with them asap.

1 Like