Secret = Adjudicated 2015 Put in for TS/SCI Upgrade in 2017 did I lose my Secret?

Secret = Adjudicated 2015 Put in for TS/SCI Upgrade in 2017 did I lose my Secret?

If they were with separate agencies the system can show different and varying degrees of clearance and who granted. But with a favorable BI and adjudicated TS/SCI you are cleared for “up to and including TS SCI.” That would mean you can work a position requiring access to Secret. If said position is only going to give access to Secret I would expect a contract company to merely sponsor you for Secret. Rarely do I see them downgrade you or cancel if it is the same company as it is in their best interest to have TS cleared employees.

You would think it would be in their best interest to have a TS cleared employee when they only need a secret, but considering what my husband just went through, I’m starting to have my doubts. They did everything but out-right lie to him in order to get him to submit yet another SF86 for a Secret clearance when he had just been adjudicated TS/SCI in 2014 and it is still available for transfer.
I’m not sure why an employer would do that and I’m searching high and low for answers and coming up kind of blank. So frustrating. I think if it’s in JPAS they’re cool, but if it lives in SC, sometimes they don’t want to deal with it.
@amberbunny --would you mind elaborating on how an employer would sponsor you for just a Secret? How do clearances get sliced up like pizza?