SF85-P Timeframe??

Hello everyone. I was given a TO for DHS and I have submitted my equip (SF85p) last week along with my fingerprints. I have already done my drug test. What is the usual timeframe before everything is completed?I am a former federal employee with a previous PT investigation completed but under a different agency. Am i able to start work before my investigation is done?

May be a bit. For me, I’ve been working while the investigation continues.

10/17: SF85P completed
12/17: credit pulled
6/18: Interviewed by BI

When did you receive your interim clearance? Right now my paperwork is with EOD to see if i can get pass suitability. I should be able to start soon since theres nothing on my record and im a former federal employee

I’m at a non-defense/sensitive agency. The work authorization was immediate when I started the process in October.

I filled out SF85P and SF85PS on the end of July and this past week my clearance was granted. It seems to me super fast!

June 30(ish) submit EQIP
July 15 - was contacted for missing info
August 22 - Granted

Oh wow that was fast! For what agency?Right now they’re saying my file is waiting to pass suitability determination and can’t give me a timeframe for when it will be completed.Was you granted an interim or was your background investigation fully completed?

I know right! It’s for DHS. I don’t know for sure but I assume it’s interim because 2 months seems very fast.

I filled out SF85P and SF85PS on the end of July and this past week my clearance was granted. It seems to me super fast!

June 30(ish) submit EQIP
July 15 - was contacted for missing info
August 22 - Granted

That does seem a bit fast. Are you sure an ATO or interim was not granted while the BI proceeds?

All, to clarify: you do not get an interim clearance or a clearance for SF85/P-S positions. No clearance. Those are SF86 investigations.

Your suitability is assessed and you are generally able to work before final adjudication assuming preliminary checks are favorable.

Yes I am aware that we don’t get a clearance with SF85P/S positions. Thanks for the clarification

Might be. I asked last week and was told that they are going to give me more information. They did not provide any info whether it’s interim/suitability etc. At this point, I really don’t know

Your didn’t have an interview?

I’m on day 48… I hope I can say the same in 5 days time, but not getting my hopes up. I have no indication that my credit was even pulled.

Normally, if your credit report was not pulled, your case papers have not been submitted.

Well that’s discouraging.

When you say case papers not submitted, does that mean the contractor hiring me hasn’t submitted it? When I contacted my recruiter, they said “Background process still on goingNo issues reported to date”

Is there a chance that the inquiry isn’t showing up on my credit report?

Where are you looking to see if your credit was pulled? It’s a “soft pull” so it will not show up on Credit Karma and similar sites.

I used a free pull from Equifax to see my soft pulls and didn’t see anything. I saved my other two “free” reports if I wanted to check again. It won’t be necessary though :slight_smile: I got the call to day that I have a start date of 9/17 :slight_smile:

@futuretracker what agency is this for?i’ve passed clearance but waiting on confirmation for my EOD.it’s been over a week since i got the call for a verbal final offer