SF85P and taxes

Hi All,

I would like to get an opinion on my SF85P that I submitted last week and am quite stressed about. My issues are with taxes. I said that I had unpaid taxes from last year (2021) because I was very sick and didn’t file. I also said that I was intending to file those taxes and am currently in the process of doing so. I didn’t file an extension last year because, again, I was very sick.
I also didn’t file taxes in 2017 or 2018 because I made very little money (~15k), but probably still more than the minimum filing requirement. I did not mention this in my SF85P because, at the time of filling out the form, I thought I was below the minimum filing requirement for those years.
Can anyone share any thoughts on my likelihood of being approved? Should I start looking for a different job?

One issue they have very little tolerance for is unpaid or unfiled taxes. There is a chance you might squeak by on this one since it is for public trust and I don’t know how deep they will dig, but you need to get those taxes straightened out right away. Eventually the IRS will catch up with you.

1 Like

Not that it really matters, but, why? This is the second article that comes up when you Google this topic, which took 30 seconds.

https://www.hrblock.com/tax-center/income/other-income/how-much-do-you-have-to-make-to-file-taxes/

I had some vague notion from my childhood that $20k was the minimum and just found out that wasn’t the case a few days ago.