I accepted a contractor position back in August, dependent on my ability to obtain a clearance. Today I got notified by the contractor they were withdrawing my offer due to my inability to get a clearance in a timely manner. They specifically told me (and I clarified) my clearance had not been denied, it was still in Pending status.
My question is, what happens to my clearance investigation? If I apply somewhere else or to the same company (they said I was welcome to apply to other positions) will they be able to resume the inprogress investigation, or am I completely back to square one?