Subject's want to drive during their ESI?

Some of you seem to really be a bit full of yourself. Not just in this thread, but I have seen it in other threads too. I am not one bit worried about anyone canceling an interview with me. First of all, I didn’t say I wouldn’t take the interview serious. I said you are not going to control all of the factors listed if the interview is in my home via telephone. You won’t know whether or not I am complying one way or the other. Plus, continuous vetting…

Actually we don’t control anything we just enforce what we’re told. The people running this program love to make up rules and there are thousandsandbthousandsandthousands of them.

2 Likes

We investigator’s can’t control what you may interpret as being treated like a child. (But I personally do routinely interview 17 year old children Subject’s attempting to join the military) It’s just your impression of childlike treatment and everyone has different impressions of what is “childlike” or “adult”. If you don’t want to cooperate and chose to lie to your investigator about where you are at and/or what you are doing or anything else for that matter, it’s your choice. Your choice only affects your investigation and is reflective of your judgement, your integrity, and your character. It makes no difference to us either way. We just move on to the next more cooperative person/source/subject.

3 Likes

Whoa! Relax. I think the whole point of the thread is that investigators are required to provide an address where the interview takes place. It makes it a little challenging if a person is driving. Yes. They want a fixed, exact location Honestly, we don’t really care what room you are in and it isn’t asked. You could be in the bathroom, and I have had subjects in the bathroom at times (very poor etiquette), but that is your choice. Neither location, nor poor etiquette will have an impact on your interview. Obviously, this is for phone interviews.

2 Likes

I am not saying I would be driving while being interviewed or that I would lie in an interview. I am saying you do not have the level of control such that you can enforce whether or not I am in a room alone with the door closed, and I am saying you need to get over yourself if you even think you have the right to try to exert that level of control. Not everyone you interview is unprofessional by default. My point is you just need to remain professional on your end, and not worry about trying to control everything because it shouldn’t be about control.

Also, I did not say it is ok to be interviewed while driving. I believe there is a very good reason to refuse to interview someone who is driving which is public safety. However, that doesn’t extend to requiring a subject to be in a room, in their home with the door closed. That is all.

Being in a private location is one of the rules. Everything you’re aaked or told to do is from upper mgt. If we dont ensure each rule is followed and there’s an audit or integrity investigation we will be accused of an offense. This is getting boring stop it :sleeping:

3 Likes

You are correct. We have no control over anything you do, all we can do is ask what the contract requires us to and what management tells us to ask for. We only control what we do and we always have the right to terminate the interview at any time if we have concerns about your location, temperament, attitude, etc. That can delay your clearance process. Most people don’t want to delay this process, whatsoever so they are extremely cooperative with their investigator.

4 Likes

Maybe this is not the proper place but I wanted to ask you, Weebie.

I’m currently applying for a TS. My family is originally from Ecuador, a few years ago I even had a property there. What concern me a bit is the fact that during a period of two years I was traveling almost every month because of my property, a relative that was sick and to keep my airline status. Should I volunteer some info/context to the investigator in my interview? Any idea on how this will play or how I should handle it?

Yes, list it all on your equip/SF-86 as completely and thoroughly as you can and any additional needed clarification during your interview. Taking care of relatives and personal responsibilities does not sound like any sort of criminal behavior you have to worry about.