Sudden Discontinue?

That’s not up for you to decide, that’s up for them to decide. And until I get that paper back and know, if I do. Neither my speculation nor your speculation is valid, and there’s no use continuing to speculate about it.

You asked us to speculate and we did. You just didn’t like the answers. Seems like they made a good call.

5 Likes

I think it is just as likely that whatever information was faxed to the security office was non-committal and provided by people who did not know you and could not (or would not) provide much info. That probably did not help.

This also falls into the realm of speculation of course

Everyone elses answers were fine. It’s just that person that says he ‘has a good idea of who I am.’ He knows nothing about me. You can’t judge a person by one post.

It sounds to me like they were probably unable to adjudicate you either way based on lack of information and documents which was no fault of yours. Some places just don’t keep good records for a long period of time. When a “whole person big picture” can’t be obtained it’s probably best to just to not adjudicate and give things and the person some time to allow the whole person big picture concept to play out and then try the process again.

2 Likes

Ok you are right. But, truthfully I actually reached the conclusion on only part of the sentence where you said something about 911 abuse and calling too many times. I knew people like that. Their life was so chaotic and honestly it didn’t have to be that way. It seemed negative things happened to them too as if misfortune was constantly invited in from their bad energy. They have trouble just living life. Why this is ? Coincidence? Bad stereotype? Or something grounded in medical literature like failing to take their medicine? I don’t know,

I’m obviously not a doctor. But if you had to confide in someone would you honestly trust a person like that ? I actually distance myself from such people. It kinda scares me. Mental health should be treated seriously, but I still choose not to associate with such individuals. You know what else too ? I called 911 once in my life because I found a passed out person inside my gated property. See the difference?

And yes it’s speculation. But I don’t think it’s unreasonable the psych lady had her report ready to go just waiting final confirmation from the faxes. Poly results can be that fast unlike adjudication. I don’t think it hard to fathom she short circuited the candidacy.

1 Like

It’s now January 11 2022, and I still don’t know why I’m discontinued.

I sent an email since they told me if I hadn’t gotten anything to send something before the end of the year. So I did. In December 28th I got this back…

Good morning,

We have received all responsive documents regarding your request and your case has been forwarded to our backlog queue.

Please be advised we do not split Privacy Act cases, all documents will be reviewed and released together.

Along with that,

1. I STILL have yet to recieve a discontinuation or rejection letter in the mail like others who got denied told me they had.
  2. My status on dashboard still says ‘Security Processing.’

…I don’t know what’s going on anymore. Are they so backed up I’ll never get an answer? Why no official letter like others got? It’s like my entire case is just ‘frozen’ or forgotten about or something.

How do I reapply like it was said I could do if I don’t know what I need to fix or change first.

Hi Nirex, I went thru this exact same thing a few years ago. Waited years, passed poly and psych, then got the dreaded email. I requested a follow up and was told a few months later that discontinuation was due to a suitability decision regarding one of the guidelines. No specifics given. I never received a paper letter, and my processing status finally switched to discontinued a few months after the fact. Was offered the ability to reapply in one year but never bothered. It’s a bummer but life goes on!

1 Like

Go to Requesting Background Investigation Records and request all your records. You can request your background investigation records and your adjudication records. Be patient. It will take a few months to receive in the mail after requesting.