Time to crossover from Scattered Castles to JPAS?

If you don’t mind my asking, what agency(ies) to and from? I’m doing the same thing from DoJ to DoD (contract position). JPAS reflects that I had TS from DoJ, but not the SCI portion that is only showing on CS. Which is what it sounds like the issue is right now. I received an official letter of clearance held from the previous agency, but it doesn’t sound like it’s going to do any good…

I like that you’re providing information about the process. Honestly, before the past couple of weeks I had no idea that there was anything other than JPAS, let alone how much of a process it is to get things transferred. I’m going through the process right now (DoJ --> DoD) and it’s been a couple of weeks already. I’m hoping it happens quick as I’m going to need that deployment paycheck soon.

I can cross people over from JPASS to my community in as little as three days. I cannot discuss who “they” are. If in JPASS, other agencies can “see” the clearance. Had a devil of a time getting State to reciprocate on several occasions but it is doable with the right bellybutton.

Hey Amber,

I am in the same boat as discussed in this thread. I work for DHS and I need to get my clearance migrated over from CVS to JPAS.

From what I understand, the contractor that I want to work for must submit an “RRU” via JPAS to OPM or DHS and request reciprocity.

Can you offer any advice on how to make this happen expediently?

Thanks,

WDA20.

This is a great question…would love to understand this myself.

Its been four months for me still waiting to crossover.

This doesn’t have anything to do with SC but somebody just transferred to our group from another element also using JPAS. Apparently his old organization did not release him correctly or did not release him at all and now our security can’t “own” him in JPAS.

So maybe we need a subthread, “Time to crossover from JPAS to JPAS”

Interesting. I can have my client transfer and cross over folks in 3 days. Never quite heard of the releasing agency screwing it up. But if there is unadjudicated info…that means crossover not eligible and must start as an initial, full investigation.

Where does unadjudicated info come from? I ask because I’m a dhs employee (gs) waiting for the Air National Guard to pull my Tier 5 to JPAS. It was recently adjudicated in October. Reciprocation process started in December but not finished yet

I have that same question. What qualifies as “unadjudicated” info? Surely a lot can happen for the average person in the 5-6 years since your last investigation. I am assuming it would just be events that could reflected negatively? Ie. arrest, bankruptcy, etc.

Absolutely. That is exactly what it is. Not necessarily a bad thing, just something requiring a trained person to evaluate. They determine if it matters or has been mitigated.

If the investigation was adjudicated less than 2 years ago, then there is no reinvestigation there should be no new info right?

Well, no. You can clear right this second, and immediately start behavior requiring adjudication. The longer the time passing since the last check means there is plenty time to get into activities that may or may not be questionable, and agencies may require a re-look. I stopped looking at “unadjudicated info” as bad. It is a neutral something requiring an adjudicator to make a decision. So far, for my client, in every case it came back in favor of maintaining a clearance. So far.

Has anyone recently completed a cross over from SC to JPAS? I have signed a contingent job offer that is contingent of transferring my information from SC to JPAS but the security office at my potential new employer is saying the crossover process is backlogged and could take anywhere from 3-10 months to complete.

Thanks for any insight.

Specifically, recording my SCI eligibility and SSBI investigation in JPAS using my information stored in SC as the basis.

Sorry to bump this. Did it successfully transfer?

DALcal and amberbunny- maybe you can help I have been waiting 17 weeks now for my TS SCI clearance to transfer from SC to JPAS, I resigned from a Federal job to the contractor side in order to stay where I was for family matters. Nobody seems to have the answers for me. I have tried so many avenues and been shut down every time. I can not understand what could possibly take this long, especially since I was going to be working in the same building that I was in before I resigned. Someone mentioned that I needed to be claimed…what does this mean?

Hey there, I just posted but I was really hoping to get some answers from your knowledge. I don’t know what to do, I just took a job as a contractor, I resigned from my Federal position because I was going to have to move back to DC and needed to stay put for family matters. I was working as a Federal employee in the SAME building I was going to work as a contractor. I have been waiting now 17 weeks (since July 20th) for my clearance to transfer from SC to JPAS. Nobody seems to have the answers or know what is going on including the SSO at the Contractors office. When she first put in the request they said 30 business days…it has now been more than DOUBLE that. I am scared to death that the Contractor is going to let me go because I have been unable to do the job they hired me for. Can you help or lead me in the right direction?

did this ever happen for you? I am currently going on 5 months waiting on the same thing…I am just wondering if there will ever be an end result.

Mine has finally transferred after submission of the DISS Reciprocity Worksheet. If you believe you have not completed it and are going from DHS to DoD it doesn’t hurt to ask your FSO about it