Timeline 2023 Thread

Nope - good post. I have three cases assigned too long because each subject is making me chase them down as if i were serving them court papers. Three others, T3. are still open because of the “these people are aware…” and they weren’t.

4 Likes

No it is still open.

I absolutely hate the lengths we go to track people down who don’t want to cooperate.

2 Likes

Yes she has got to know someone on the inside… lol.

1 Like

230 approximately for me give or take. No one really knows because it’s such a secret…lol. I am a low level security but need the T3 just to get access to the NON class stuff. no interim no access until final adjudication. Weird. Everywhere I have been through out my mil career interims were granted. Don’t know where the breakdown is but I do know for a fact it is on both sides. something has got to change and people need to quit QUITTING THEIR JOBS… do what you can do and don’t be pressured. I mean only so many hands, so many hours in the work day.

Just got my Top Secret clearance today after 213 days on the wait. Onboarding is scheduled for October.

But now another worry looms… if Congress doesn’t reach a solution on the debt ceiling or worse, doesn’t pass the FY2024 budget by September 30, does that mean those of us who are cleared but awaiting onboarding will have to wait even more?

Or worse, do we lose our jobs that we haven’t even started yet?

I know either scenario is not guaranteed, but if it happens, it means most federal employees go on furlough and new hires wouldn’t be exempted.

1 Like

Yes, onboarding could be impacted. As far as losing your job, I think the only way that could happen is if the shutdown lasted so long that some of your processing expires. But that seems extremely unlikely.

Agencies can’t wait to get their new hires on board and they know it is easy for many applicants to find other jobs, so count on them doing everything they can to get you in the door. Then you can get caught in the next furlough :frowning:

1 Like

So they did subject interview via phone instead of in person?

As a naturalized citizen, I met with my PI in person, then waited for two months to schedule my poly/psych, as well as an in person security interview with the agency. The in person interview went two days long, with very detailed questions.

While I was waiting for the in person security interviews I had to fill more forms (just for foreign contact part, I had to fill roughly 7/pages per person)

Congrats for getting adjudicated!

1 Like

I think its vital to mention if it’s TS or just Secret. I’m in the process of attaining a secret (hopefully!) and the timeline thus far has been slightly faster than those i’ve read for the TS.

Weirdly, I’m almost hoping that any furlough involves us coming to work unpaid with the promise of back-pay just because I’m so tired of waiting to start the job. I’d rather have my orientation and training done unpaid and then back-paid later, than to be told that my onboarding will now be in March 2024 rather than October 2023 because of a 12 day shutdown.

I know we’re not supposed to discuss politics, but I’m still holding out hope that there will be a last-minute deal brokered in Congress like in 2021, and our jobs will proceed as intended.

Day 200 today. Investigation still open for a secret.

Yes, the subject interview was just a phone call. Honestly, it lasted maybe an hour. The interviewer just went over basic info to confirm and asked me to explain a work experience I had in greater detail. They mentioned that my subject interview had to happen within two weeks of submitting my SF-86. I’m not sure if that’s because I was hired under “mission critical” or simply an agency thing.

Perhaps the amount of foreign contacts and the detailed information needed may have slowed things down? I only had to list the bare bones (name, address, nationality, contact info).

Thank you for the congrats!!

1 Like

How long do you wait from getting your clearance to the day they give you start date or EOD? I submitted e-qip on January 29, 2023, and got cleared on May 4th 2023, however no phone call and anything since then.

If this is for a direct hire government position, it can take a few weeks for HR to do whatever it is they do before extending an offer. There may also be some kind of orientation that needs to be scheduled.

If it is a contractor job they may still need to get approvals from the customer for you to start on the job.

If you don’t hear something this coming week, you are hereby authorized to start freaking out :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

It is one of the 3 letter agency under DOD

I usually heard that it is case by case. They do try to do it fast, did my poly and drug test in March, maybe that helps.

By the way, it is a Top secret/SCI clearance, I guess it is faster when they worry people will give up and look for another job if it takes too long. Down side is that I heard the longest time people wait for start time can be more than one year. That is why I am curious how long people get call for a start day.

Never cleared before. Well, you are lucky to have someone who already working for the agency to talk with. I do not know any people. That is why I try to go on this blog and see how other cases going.

But I am not special, I mean if I am special I won’t need to worry about the start time. I am just a mediocre scientist who earned PhD 10 years ago. As for the clearance speed of TS, I think I my benefit from no travel into foreign country in the past 5 years. The speed actually fully controlled by the agency I believe, since every agency hire their own investigator and make decision with their own adjudication team. If you think your clearance process is too slow, maybe bring it up to your clearance office in the agency? I actually called them one time on May 1st, they said they know nothing, and if cleared I will get a call. But no one called and I found that I am cleared on May 4th online. They put me in a pool of people who are equally miserable and waiting for EOD and they do try to make us believe that we are not alone by providing monthly alert on the status. Nothing to complain, but just the waiting is making me nervous. My blood pressure goes up…

1 Like

Updated Timeline:

November 22: Submitted SF86
Dec 22: More info requested
Jan 23: More info requested
March 23: Subject interview/poly/psych scheduled (travel required)
May 23: SI/psych/poly 1 and 2.
June 23: poly 3 (passed).

The end is near!

2 Likes

Congrats!! Is this for a STEM position or a language position?

I have similar timeline with you, (maybe we even took the poly on the same day! Lol)

1 Like