TS/SCI Clearance Sent from DCSA to DOD CPC?

Greetings, hope everyone currently in the clearance process is doing okay :wink:

TS/SCI for DIA:
March '23 - CJO
May '23 - Paperwork submitted
July '23 - Poly
August '23 - Interview w DCSA investigator
February '24 - Finally give in and call my agency case manager

So… case manager mentions he had my case, but no longer has it. He doesn’t have any other information and refers me to DOD Central Processing Center email. I send inquiry asking two things: a) if I no longer have a case manager/who my new contact is; b) if I’m in investigation or adjudication stage. I get quick response that says simply, my “clearance is moving along very nicely, and it shouldn’t be much longer.” Only main CPC phone number is given in email signature. Tried calling, impossible to get person on phone or leave message.

Questions:

1. Does the move from my agency case manager to CPC indicate anything? Possibly that I’m in adjudication, or that an LOI is incoming, etc.?
  2. If we don’t know what this means, do we think old agency case manager or generic DOD CPC email is best place to ask questions if I eventually lose patience?
  3. Separate, but if I get LOI and then win DOHA, do I go back into hiring pool for the DIA position I was offered, or do I need to reapply and start all over?

I think CPC is for DIA, not the whole DoD. Anyway, I don’t think you’re in the “hiring pool” yet, you are still “in process” and I don’t think you need to reapply.

Thanks, squirrel. Makes sense that CPC would just be DIA despite having DoD in the email address. I certainly wasn’t thinking of reapplying at this stage. My assumption is also that I’m still “in process,” like you said, and may not be able to learn more at this stage.

Does anyone else have any knowledge on whether the CPC indicates my case would be in adjudication now, meaning beyond the investigation?

What happens if I do get an SOR/LOI and win the appeal? For a job like this, would I go straight into the hiring pool, or do we think I’d have to start over?

There were a lot of stories of people trying to get information out of CPC in the old “Federal Soup” forums. Those shut down about five years ago but at least at that time, CPC was a hot mess with a good amount of personnel turnover. The hiring folks from HR don’t get a lot of information from security other than “this person is cleared” or the opposite response.

I would think if you did get some kind of denial but successfully appealed, you’d go into the hiring pool at that point. But who knows, I don’t recall anyone who reported that experience.