Equip submitted 5/2018
Fingerprints completed 5/2018
Tier 5 TS investigation started 7/2018
Interim Secret granted 7/2018
Interim TS granted 10/2018 by DoDCAF
Assigned to investigator 1/31/2019
Subject interview 2/5/2019
Investigation complete and “transmitted” 2/7/2019

Investigator said adjudication my take a few weeks because of shutdown.

That’s interesting… were you told the interim TS was granted by DoDCAF? I did not know they got into the interim game. But then interim TS is fairly unusual at least in my experience.

That is what I was told when a FSO looked at my JPAS file.

Don’t stare the gift horse in the mouth… DSS or CAF - take the interim, sign the NDA, and get to work.

1 Like

Thank you for putting your timeline. It really does take almost 2 years!! I recently passed my polygraph (had to go 2 times, but passed the 2nd time). So now I am in the waiting period. I am not sure how long that will take, but hoping soon. I was never offered an interim clearance however…

Here is my updated timeline,

Applied for position 12/2017
Offer letter 2/2018
Paper SF86 completed and sent for review 2/2018
Paper SF86 review complete 5/2018
Equip submitted 5/2018
Fingerprints completed 5/2018
Tier 5 TS investigation started 7/2018
Interim Secret granted 7/2018
Interim TS granted 10/2018 by DoDCAF
Assigned to investigator 1/31/2019
Subject interview 2/5/2019
Investigation completed and sent to adjudication 05/2019
Adjudication complete and TS granted 1 week later, 06/2019
Now processing for SCI.

3 Likes

Does anyone have any information regarding TS/SCI that are initiated via FBI? I understand that they conduct their own investigations, and I tried to locate a timeline, but have been unsuccessful. My timeline is the following:
Applied: 11/29/2018
CJO: 2/29/2019
Accepted CJO: 2/25/2019
E-Qip submitted: 3/11/2019
PSI: 3/18/2019
Poly/Fingerprints: 4/8/2019

I was informed by my FSO that I passed my poly and that my BI is continuing, though I’ve yet to hear from an investigator. Do the investigators reach out the applicants first before contacting references, or vice versa?

1 Like

@bulldog44… congratulations!

Anyone have any insight to my previously asked question regarding TS/SCI timeline for the FBI?

It’s almost impossible for anyone here to give you information on a timeline . . . Some go in three to six months but others go two or three years . . .

1 Like

@db123
Hi. I am in the BI for the same agency as you. My timeline:
7/18 SF86 sent
8/18 Poly/PSI done
9/18 they started calling references.
They don’t contact you, they just call people from your SF86.
Since last September I haven’t heard from anybody, only when I travel overseas I tell my recruiter who sets up follow up interviews after travel.
Let me know if you want to talk offline.

congratulations @bulldog44!!!

my position has also TS/SCI.
this might sound like a silly question, but i don’t know what the “SCI” stands for… still trying to learn this whole process and yet not to annoy my FSO with extra questions…

also did you reach out to a Senator or Representative for help or no?

thanks in advance.

I have just been granted my TS in less than a year (mostly because I am young and have not lived a long life yet) but currently going through an SCI waiver process so I can start sooner. I wonder how long a regular SCI process takes

1 Like

@pineapplepizza1434
hi!!!

can you share what does the SCI means??

Sensitive Compartmentalized Information.

1 Like

@velcroTech noted!!!

Update: An investigator contacted people and visited my former employer in late July. I obtained new employment early August and another investigator came to speak with my new supervisor and review my file this past week. I did do some foreign travel, vacation to Mexico that I informed my FSO about.

I hope to get an update soon.