Unlisted drug use, but then told the interviewer about my drug use

Hey, Currently getting my TS, On my SF86 i did not list any drug use. When I had my interview I told the interviewer that I had smoked weed weekly in California(complete honesty), but since moving to Idaho I have only smoked weed 2x.(2 times in the last 2 years) He asked why I did not list any usage on the SF86, I told him I was fearful that I would mess up my enlistment. Will this lead me to being denied a TS? Is it a good thing that I was honest in the interview? I am so anxious and scared I messed this up. please let me know what you think. Other than this my Record is clean, grades weren’t so good in College. Criminal record clean, valid employment history. I told him about a south korean girl i went on a couple dates with 1 year ago. I didn’t list her in foreign contact because I don’t talk to her anymore. (he asked why I didn’t list her, twas due to an oversight). Again please let me know what you think. really stressing on this side.

I dont think its good you didnt mention it initially. But I do think its good you mentioned it during the interview. Honesty is the best policy, I don’t think anyone can tell you how it will impact your investigation.

2 Likes

What Random Man said. Stop stressing (easy to say I know) as it serves no purpose. It’s out of your hands at this point.

2 Likes

i guess u guys are right, thanks.