Upcoming Elections/CE Could result in mass work reduction

Hello all.

I’ve Been in Military/LE/WPPS/Investigations since 1982. I keep my ear to the ground as I’ve been a Contractor since 2004. I’ve been through many contract bids, company changes and the like.

I’ve been a CI with several companies and I only do DHS BI’s.

100% of my work since 2021 has been the “tent cities” from San Diego to El Paso.

Food for thought so y’all can prepare since 7mo from now, we who do DHS, will see a significant reduction in work. Remember CE has reduced our work by about 70% and if all these contractors are no longer needed, well, you get the picture.

If the current administration ends, by Feb ‘25 all this work will cease due to policy changes with the new administration. BP Agents/ERO/HSI all have the ability to deport from the field. There will be no need for “Processing Coordinators” and all tent city contractors will no longer be needed.

Anyone with more details please share.

Thanks so much.

OK, I’m confused.
When you say “CE” are you referencing Continuous Evaluation or something else? If you do mean Continuous Evaluation then what does “having the ability to deport from the field” & “no need for ‘Processing Coordinators’” have to do with Continuous Evaluation?

Also, is this insight based on the outcome of the election regardless of which candidate wins, or is it based on one particular candidate winning?

Oh! & just for my understanding, what is a tent city?

1 Like

I am confused too. Not sure the results will change much of anything. Perhaps make DHS/CBP jobs even harder to fill than they already are. CE seems to add more work to many security jobs. Triggers for all sorts of things that never would have been reported otherwise.

1 Like

So there are what are called tent cities near various Border Patrol Stations where all the incoming migrants are processed. El Paso Tucson Yuma San Diego. I’ve been to all of them.

Just this week half of the Tucson tent city was closed laying off many contractors from various companies. The T4’s have all but ceased with a huge drop in work.

Again, this is the DHS contract only.

There are no longer any RE-investigations, only CV (Continuous Vetting) flags which are far less than previously where everyone had a re investigation.

And yes, depending on the next administration, there could be more closures of these tent cities, where hundreds of contractors go thru T4’s constantly as there is a huge turn over. (Lots of case work)

ERO/HSI agents wont need these tent cities to deport, it can be done in the field without the need for processing agents in a tent type scenario.

With all this, has Anyone working the DHS contract experienced any work slow downs? Thx

My apologies. Maybe wasn’t clear.

CE/CV has nothing to do with the need for processing coordinators etc. 2 different thoughts here.

And yes, depending on the administration, we will see a shift one way or another (less work or more work).

Aldo, I broke down “tent cities” in another reply down below.

You do realize not many of us know anything about Border Patrol?