WHO Transfers clearances from SC to JPAS?

I’ve been told SC feeds into JPAS but I honestly have no idea.

If so it does not sound like a very smooth process!

Yeah agreed. No reason why it should be this hard besides bureaucrats.

No SC holds all clearances for the IC world and JPAS is all military and DOD based. SC can see all clearances

but JPAS can not.

1 Like

YES, I have been in SC for 9 years and now I resigned to join a contractor, my clearance needs to be passed to JPAS- that is it, I am already TS/SCI cleared and I don’t expire till May 2020. But I have been waiting since the end of July for this to happen. The systems don’t talk to eachother due to cover reasons. SC can see JPAS but JPAS can not see SC…someone actually has to go in and input the information. Do you have any recommendations on who can make this happen? I am scared my company is going to let me go due to the wait time…and I gave up a Federal job for this in order to stay in a location.

1 Like

I’m going government to contractor as well (IC to IC). I also currently have TS/SCI. I was told by my FSO that I’d be read out of their SCI in my final days. So, in my case, it would be up to my new organization to reinstate SCI when I arrive (or approve beforehand), based off prior BI and polys.

I’m not going to resign until the clearance crossover is finalized, which seems to be standard operating procedure in these instances.

1 Like

Update, after several weeks of waiting clearance transfer denied due to “unajudicated Info”. Since I have nothing worrisome in my background, I suspect this has to do with the fact that my last BI is almost out of scope

Sorry to hear that, Mason.

Due to backlog, it’s been 6 years since my last BI. I’ve been told that it shouldn’t be an issue, though, since my future organization is behind as well. Who knows.

Sucks to hear that man. What did your company tell you to do next?

Make sure you do not resign until you are 100% sure your crossover has went through. Also not to be cynical but disregard what people tell you regarding if it will be ok or not. I have dealt with awesome FSO’s and a whole bunch of just incompetent ones who don’t know or understand their jobs. Ultimately the new agencies security department is who will determine if they accept you or not. And while technically if your in access and in scope within 7 years, you “should be good to go”, that means nothing, as each agency seems to do their own thing. Good luck and keep us updated I am curious

Thanks for the advice, Mason.

I definitely won’t be resigning until I know for certain that I’m good. This is a major step for me, so I’m trying to be as thorough and cautious as possible.

I’ve been told that it’s going to come down to two people - the person submitting the paperwork and the person reviewing the paperwork. Hopefully it works out.

Silver, I am gainfully employed, I was trying to hope to another agency on a contract. No choice but to wait for a new BI

I meant what happened with the company you were trying to go to?

You are not getting good advice. I have transferred several clearances from SC to JPAS in the last six months. They have taken 30 to 45 days. Your FSO needs to submit a Customer Service Request (CSR) in DISS (future JPAS replacement system) requesting that your clearance be transferred. The CSR will go from DCSA to the DoD Central Adjudication Facility (CAF) for action. DoD CAF is the agency that will update JPAS with your clearance information from SC. This is the only process that will work. If you FSO does not have a DISS account or tells you something different they do not know the process. If the FSO already submitted a CSR via DISS, the FSO can request a status form DCSA or DoD CAF via the Help Desks. Hope this help, The process is slow, but I know it works.

Offer was contingent on successful clearance crossover, so that was rescinded.

Interesting detail, I never knew that before.

Does it matter which IC agency it was or all SC records created equal when it comes to how easy it is to transfer? My security team has been useless in figuring it out for me.

For me, I’ve been waiting three weeks now for my SCI to crossover to NGA. I’m still in scope and my TS/SCI shows in SC and JPAS. Should I be worried?

Are you government or contractor?

1 Like

I’m currently a contractor