WHO Transfers clearances from SC to JPAS?

Are you going to be a contractor at NGA? There is still an extra layer when you are a contractor. You have your company FSO and the COR for the contract you are on are also involved in this process. Coming from DIA or another DoD agency is usually around 30-45 days. I have never seen anyone come from FBI to NGA successfully, but that doesnt mean it cannot happen.

I’m going in as a contractor. I’m a contractor for the DIA right now but my clearance shows in both SC and JPAS as TS/SCI.

Damn thanks for the encouragement. But in all seriousness, is it because NGA won’t accept it or because their SC to JPAS move is impossible?

I think it is really just an administrative process. If you could hand walk it through the process it would probably take 1 day. I had an issue when I was moving overseas with some paperwork and I went to the ACOR where the paperwork had been held up for like 60 days and asked the status. He cleared an actual pile of papers and then got what I needed signed and that was it. He literally just had it at the bottom of a stack of papers and didnt feel that it was urgent. So the coordination between everyone and getting the approvals, ensuring everything is in order is just up to somebody actually doing their job.

So all in all my process is the standard timeline for NGA SCI crossover?

I think so. Did you switch companies?

Yep. Went from one contractor to another

And that can take a bit more time as well. Obviously not a show stopper but can add days on to the process, especially around the holidays. I hope they have you working in an uncleared capacity until everything comes through.

Still at my current job. Can’t start the new one until NGA adjudicates my SCI crossover.

@Amberbunny2

If a crossover was denied due to unadjudicated info ( my BI was right at the 5 year mark), will a fresh BI and another attempt at crossover likely have a different result?

I was not able to begin to transfer my clearance until I officially resigned…not aure maybe its the “agency” I cam from but it was not until I was officially read out would they release anything…hiwever there was a whole cover issue too.
I am starting my 5th month niw waiting…

Don’t interpret “Unadjudicated Info” as a negative. It merely means “something requiring an Adjudicator decision.” Meaning it could be minor, it could be nothing, it could be a something. If there was a late bill, an arrest, a DUI…all of those simply must be looked at and weighed. Minor arrests will not stop you and they normally allow the judicial process to conclude. Obviously as you move up the scale of criminal acts the impact is greater. It oculd be as simple as a lower than ideal credit history. I hesitate to say FICO, as it is the history not the current score. But the FICO is a pretty accurate number indicating how you control your money. Only way I see a separate result is if another agency considers your crossover, but they would require access to the database where currently held. Unless they create a record in JPASS, request transfer of clearance from DOD CAF. They in turn review SC or whatever, and get back to the intending to hire agency. It is a time consuming process.