Will My TS/SCI + Full Scope Poly be unusable?

Hello Everyone,

Hypothetically, if I finish my poly and mental health eval, and my TS/SCI is adjudicated in my favor and I receive an FJO from the agency I applied to, but 8 months has already gone since the beginning and I am no longer wanting the position so I don’t sign the FJO. Does the TS/SCI and poly go away out of scattered castles or is it dormant and can be transferred and picked up by another agency or contractor within a certain period of time?

I’m assuming you applied as a fed because of the “FJO”. As a fed, you don’t get the TS/SCI until Entry on Duty.

If you applied as a contractor, though, you’re good to take the TS/SCI anywhere once you get the “you’re cleared” from the agency. I’d still recommend you ask your FSO to ensure the clearance is in SC/DISS before you decline the offer.

In some cases a clever contractor FSO can dig up your investigation and use that. It may need to be adjudicated again but you may be able to go that route.

Remember, at this point we’re talking about your “eligibility” for a clearance, because as @CupOrTwo notes, you don’t have a clearance until you actually start the job.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the distinction! This was not done through a contractor, this is a direct fed hire with Baltimore friends :smiley: just for context. If i feel that life in Baltimore isn’t what i want anymore, and i decline the FJO, but I still want to feel like I am doing good in the world with that same customer, and I apply at AWS to work in their cleared area. Could AWS pick up that TS/SCI eligibility and poly? I have a friend who applied for an internship at a 3 letter, got the internship and started the security processing. over 13 months later, they gave him the go ahead that it all went good. He eventually told them he would not be participating anymore in the internship. He then applied to a contractor about 6 months later after graduation and they were able to use everything he did with that 3 letter (TS/SCI + Full scope poly).

I’d say go ahead and take the FJO, get some training, get some experience, then test the waters.

1 Like

No. There would be no way for anyone to see the complete process, and your poly will not show until you EOD. If you apply for a DoD Organization, they MAY be able to see your investigation and could lead to a reduced time to process you.

1 Like