Adjudication Timeline

I no sooner submitted my paperwork to having my face to face in less than a month, followed by all of my references letting me know that they were having face to face interviews as well, and I’ve been radio silent since feb 2016. Well I call once a month and I get the actively processing and In the final phase/step just have to have patience.

I think in our scenarios it’s the agency that takes its time on adjudication, rather than the actual BI stage. They must really be pushing the limit of acceptable times since the investigation material was gathered to still be valid to adjudicate on.

I am in Adjudication for last 9 months now. I talked to OPM and my FSO to confirm that I am in the Adjudication process since last fall.

Well that’s unfortunate. Can you state the branch of government you are waiting on and what level of clearance?

I am waiting for TS from DoD.

Looks like DOD is the major culprit here.

Thank you sir.

Davinch - I would agree that DOD has a huge backlog. My secret clearance with DOD took 2 years…

DOS is just as bad…I really dont think in the catorgory of a fast moving clearance process any agency is going great.

1 Like

limikelowery, pls remind me, it took 2 yrs and you were still able to get hired into your position?

I’m three years in and still no clearance. Investigation closed October of 2015. Was sent an interrogatory for a psych eval in October of 2017. Psych eval completed this past March. No word yet.

Negative. Once I finally got the clearance I was told the position that they hired me for was no longer available. The company lost the contract that I would have been working on. I was told I could apply to other positions within the company or take the clearance eligibility to another company.

And then we have an individual who is being investigated by the Special Counsel yet who is the SIL of the Pres, who was granted full security clearance today.

Yeah.

Been lurking here for a bit. Like many of you, I’m stuck in adjudication limbo. My biggest fear is being denied after all this time spent doing jobs that wouldn’t really be considered a “career.” Minimal drug use, little foreign travel, no criminal record; I disclosed everything and anything.

Here’s my timeline for a direct hire, initial TSC/SCI clearance:

• June 2016: applied
  • July 2016: contacted for testing, follow-up info, so forth.
  • August 2016: Interviewed
  • September 2016: CJO
  • Late September 2016: SF-86
  • January 2017: SF-86 corrections
  • January 2017: Medical, poly, psych eval scheduled, fingerprinted
  • February 2017: Security phone interview
  • April 2017: Medical, poly, psych
  • July 2017: Investigation begins, friends contacted
  • August 2017: Met with BI, finger printed, more contacts, all of whom were contacted quite promptly
  • Late August 2017: Follow-up questions from BI, entered into adjudication
  • November 2017: Assigned to an office (around the same time a few others I know had their offers rescinded, presumably because of backlogs)

And there I’ve been ever since. Generally receive calls from my two HR POCs every 60-90 days telling me I’m still processing. They said I’m moving “quickly,” which I thought was a bit of a joke.

I have very similar timeline as you. The only difference is I had interim TS which was rescinded in March 2018.

@wullah did you ever get your secret back? Or try having your FSO call someone?

I have not heard anything form anyone yet. I did talk to my FSO and he advised me to sit back and wait. I don’t think that he called anyone. How about you? Did you hear anything?

@wullah No I haven’t heard anything either. I think FSOs can call DODCAF or DOHA to TRY and get info based on what I’ve read around here.

I have the same understanding. The problem is my company’s FSO is not very active. There are almost 5 people in the same situation as me in my company and we all are just waiting. My FSO is only waiting to hear from the agency.

@wullah Interesting, at least you’re not alone. You’re all DoD contractor, right? Do you all have similar timelines?

We are all DoD contractors. The timelines are different and ranges from 5 months to 2 years of acceptance of SF-86 by OPM. The clearance levels are different as some are looking to get secret. However, the interims were suspended in the same week.