Adjudication Timeline

Congratulations…!!!

2 Likes

Any updates, I have been told by different sources that my clearance should not take long because I had a Q clearance in 2010

Whoever told you that doesn’t know what they are talking about. While that MAY be true in the general case, it can’t be used in an individual case.

1 Like

So after meeting with the investigator initially to go over the SF86, he files the report and it will then begin the field investigation?

The field investigation runs concurrently with your interview. They may have already done most of the field work and meet with you to clarify things they found in your investigation or your clearance forms. Your case could be wrapped up after the interview or the investigator may need additional information from schools/police departments/etcetera before they submit to an adjudicator. There’s really no way of knowing except if your investigator states that they are ready to submit your packet. The time frame from here can be 1 month to 24 months or more…

2 Likes

My investigator told me on 11/27/18 the field investigation was completed and closed and I an in adjudication. He said it could be 2 weeks or 2 months before complete adjudication.

My investigator said hell submit the packet that @lmikelowrey mentions. This was back in June and I have yet to hear anything… Sigh.

I might just up and move into the private sector soon. This is a time waster.

Don’t give up hope. For my DOD secret, my investigator submitted my packet to adjudication and I received the clearance 18 months later. I finally got a contract with that clearance a year after receiving it. So i’m starting the job i’ve been wanting almost 3 1/2 years later from Eqip submission.

2 Likes

The investigator has no idea when adjudication starts or how long it takes. All he knows is that his portion of the process is complete, for now.

2 Likes

Funny how I was complaining about my clearance not processing this morning and couple hours later security emailed me and said my final secret finally came through!

1 Like

@ForeverCoding they are probably on this board reading all of your messages.

1 Like

lmikelowrey, how long was it from the investigation closing to receiving the SoR?

Well that is great news, congratulations! Just when you thought you couldn’t wait any longer, you get the notice. Awesome.

1 Like

It was about 16 months later, if the investigation really closed when the investigator said it did. I’m sure part of the long delay was because of my file going to DOHA, getting assigned and contacting me. Soon after I got the SOR and responded my clearance was granted.

1 Like

My interim clearance was issued to me two weeks after I submitted my e-Qip

lmikelowrey, your issues were solely financial, right? Were there a lot of financial issues?

There were a few dings on my record. The SOR was all related to financial. A few accounts that had gone to collections, and was a pretty large amount. I’d rather not specify any further on a public forum.

1 Like

I never recieved a SOR. I find this odd. What is a SOR anyways?

Ill make a more detailed post later but:
I filled out my EQIP in in June 2017. Met with investigator in June 2018 (he mentioned I got dinged for foreign family in asia as well as some following info needed for his case file). I then never heard anything until yesterday Dec 2018 that my clearance went through.

The details in the email stated:
Clearance: Secret
Investigation Level: T3
investigation closed: Nov 2018
clearance granted by OPM in Dec 2018
Investigating Agency: DOD CAF

2 Likes

That is great. Your process went along fairly quickly considering the delays that are out there. A SOR is a statement of Reasons for an intent to deny the clearance. If they find enough derogatory information during your investigation, then they reach out to you with a SOR stating the reasons they intend to deny your clearance. You can then make a response on the written record, or request a decision by an administrative judge and go to court. I defended my case on the written record, explained why I incurred debt and what I’m doing about it, and my clearance was granted soon after. The fact you never got an SOR is a good thing.

2 Likes

Any recent updates? I recently separated from the DoD, and I am getting a TS reinvestigation.
E-Quip: 2016!!
Interview: July 18
BI closed: Nov 18
Still awaiting adjudication.
I see some of you are waiting on adjudication as well, but no updates for a month or so. I applied and was accepted for a contractor gig, with a start date 2 weeks ago. Noone can figure out why its taking so long, especially since I have no known issues and have maintained DoD standards for 20+ years.