Advice on next steps?

Hi everyone,
I worked for GDIT as a F/T BI for a little over a year, but was laid off a month ago. Do you have any advice for a BI that desperately wants to stay in the business? SCIS is the only company I know that is actively hiring, and they did not accept my application. Is there a chance things will pick back up in the spring?

I will be sure to do that. Thank you so much!

1 Like

I wish ISN would get back on the DCSA contract as a prime. They are the only company worth their weight on that contract. They actually treated Investigators like professionals and the backbone of their organization. Unfortunately the KGB, Tacky (CACI) and USIS 2.0 (SCIS) have the monopoly and stranglehold on this BI industry.

1 Like

I was hired on with Omniplex in October as a 1099 contractor but it’s been pretty much radio silence up until they sent me an SF312 to sign about two week ago. Still waiting on creds and training info and an actual start date. I plan on doing it very part-time.

:joy:

…

I would also be interested in switching to records…what contractor allowed you to do this?

Smart move. There’s too much stupid out there spreading the virus.

1 Like

99.9% survival rate.

Only 6% of reported Covid deaths are actually from Covid (per CDC).

So yeah, smart move.

Oh. You misread and misinterpret statistics. And you’re contributing to misinformation and re-hashing old, inaccurate data from May 2020.

The 6% figure refers to death certificates where only COVID-19 was listed as a cause of death. The majority of COVID-19 deaths (i.e. greater than your go-to 6% figure) are due to complications caused by COVID-19. (There have been at least 22 other reported conditions, which, combined with COVID-19, result in death.)

The current “survival rate” is around 94%, but who is counting a dynamic number? That changes every day. Ultimately, the survival rate argument is useless because plenty of people have contracted COVID-19 but have not died from complications yet (i.e., the “long haulers”). Moreover, the death rate due to COVID-19 complications has only climbed since March 27th, 2020, and the total deaths will easily reach half, if not more than half, of the number killed in the US during the 1917-1918 pandemic.

Gee, nevermind more than 302,000 Americans have died in 2020 from COVID-19; more than have died from the annual flu in the last 5 years.

3 Likes

Wow. See you have lapped up the CNN talking points.

6% of reported deaths ARE FROM Covid. The rest had Covid when they died. Not even remotely the same. Also, states get money for each Covid death. $13K for a non ventilator case.

Long Haulers :joy: is that a quote from the hack Sanjay gupta.

And no, around 18K people have DIED FROM Covid. The rest died with Covid. Funny how all other deaths have completely stopped…

And the Spanish flu killed you quick, within days or even 24 hours.

But keep on believing the lies.

1 Like

Go to LinkedIn and find Kama Kohler for ISN opportunities

1 Like

The the only way to make money in this industry is mileage, windshield rate, and travel.

I am also younger with no underlying health conditions so I live my life, social distance, wear a mask when meeting with others. and use common sense. I always give my sources or record providers the option with what they feel comfortable with in regards to the interview but certain agencies require an in person attempt and only allow telephone as a last resort. DCSA isn’t the only game in town.

People that think they are taking all of these precautions by not going out in public or exposing themselves to the general public by doing telephone interviews are also some of the same people that feel safe with a mask in Lowe’s, Home Depot, Walmart, Costco, or a grocery store with hundreds of people in a building breathing the same air and touching everything but yet meeting with one person 6-8 feet away with a mask for a 1-3 hours is going to kill you. Either way you look at it, we will probably all end up being exposed to COVID eventually one way or another. America lacks common sense and one of the reasons why our country is in a major conundrum when they continue to elect leaders in this country that hurt America and restrict liberty and freedoms which is primarily due to the uneducated populace that votes in this country.

Ahhh…yes it is the only way to actually make a good living. Doing telephone interviews only pays for labor involved in the interview and typing whereas being paid for mileage and travel triples the revenue of a case and gets me out of the house and away from the computer and phone. I think I know this. I’ve done both. I know what pays more. Now if you are retired or have a retirement or secondary income or another working spouse, $35K-$45K might be enough for some people but some people need to actually make a living at this and thrive instead of just survive with the small amount the vendors actually pay the Investigator which is basically living “hand to mouth”.

I just want to say I am sorry for your loss, and also that this should never have been made political, in my opinion, by the person criticizing your decisions. Since I don’t want to make it political myself, I won’t say more about my thoughts with regard to anyone who criticized you, for your own personal decisions in this matter. I know a number of people, personally, who have been very sick with COVID-19. The ones I know personally all eventually recovered. However, I also know more than one person, personally, with loved ones who died from COVID-19 (I didn’t personally know their loved ones.). In one case one of my good friends lost three older relatives from the disease.

2 Likes