SCIS training schedule

I know SCIS was hiring investigators up until a month or two ago, is anyone here in the hiring process with them? Have they been communicating with you recently?

They sent a rejection letter a few weeks ago.

Ditto. I think either one, they are on the way out, two, they are holding off until later or three, like every other “brilliant” contractor in this business…they over hired.

2 Likes

I don’t think they are on their way out. They took their time to invest in alternate contracts and made it clear that tenured BI’s should include them in their workload. That would free up DCSA work for BI’s with less that 1 year of experience. They could be still hiring, turnover is somewhat high in the first year, but they are not in a dire need of new BI’s.

3 Likes

I’ve been in the hiring process for almost a year. Received clearance in late October. They said the next step is to wait for an email from the training dept for a training date, haven’t received anything yet. But I’ve noticed they haven’t had training classes the last couple months, and with everything going on in the industry, I am just wondering if that email will ever actually arrive.

There is no work. SCIS is struggling behind CACI and Perspecta. YES, they all are overstaffed and need to come to the realization that the Industry has changed and all 3 are going to have to scale way back or no one will earn full time pay…

1 Like

I cannot advise strongly enough to take your clearance eligibility that you’ve presumably been granted, and to find another industry entirely.

Figuratively speaking, we are all hopping aboard life vessels on a sinking ship, and you are trying to climb aboard that same ship as it goes under.

3 Likes

SCIS has been getting a good workload now from DCSA for a month or two since they moved up in the rankings. I’m in the east and am getting steady DCSA work these days along with cases on their new contracts. Things are quiet and seem to have stabilized.

2 Likes

The work is not across the country. SCIS had layoffs in the last month and forced leave. There has NOT been a substantial increase of work across all areas of the country and any other non-DCSA work may be in isolated areas. It would be so great if the work comes in but the reality is much different. NO company can sustain this lack of work.

1 Like

Your posts sound like you are in SCIS Management? This is the same propaganda we are hearing from management. Not seeing this reality in the field.

5 Likes

You’re spot on with that, KB performs Recruiter/HR functions

3 Likes

Agreed. She’s a recruiter not a FI.

3 Likes

Not this year. No new classes are scheduled or have been announced for 2020.

1 Like

My goodness. Red canine sounds like another rep of SCIS? HOW does Red know KB is a she and in HR? Sounds like a manager or something. It would be nice if they stopped peddling their propaganda here. We are all in the position of trying to figure out how hard we need to be looking for other work. Thanks Jake for seeing and commenting on this oddness.

1 Like

Well hang on a sec, I am an SCIS BI in the DC area and all of us are back to full load. This must be purely regional. It would be unfair to say the whole company has no work and is struggling, just as it would be erroneous to say everything is peachy for every single BI. They are utilizing alternate contacts in addition to DCSA workload. Unfortunately, there is a backlog of (BI) submissions to those contracts and it’s going to be a little while before we all get creds and training. Bottom line, don’t jump on someone just because what they’re saying contradicts your experience. Some areas are always going to be busier than others and will have work even if it’s lacking elsewhere. Someone might be a recruiter on here and they might be speaking based on their experience in their area without a deep awareness of what’s going on in other regions.

4 Likes

No one was jumped on anyone. DC and the area has historically been busy. I AM in a historically high work are and have zero work. Hopefully EVERYONE becomes like you and gets up to a full workload. I am a realist though. And the persons I commented about seemed to be in management and have past post that indicate they are not the average BI. I’m not so sure their comments reflect the reality of areas outside the pockets of full work load areas. As I said, I am concerned about having a job. If there was so much work I wouldn’t be forced to take leave and there wouldn’t have been a RIF.

1 Like

SCIS here as an IC. Definitely not near to what I was doing, but I have been offered work here in the south region.

2 Likes

I thought you worked in recruiting.

@SMelv144, there was an internal communication that a class is scheduled for “early next year.” Just wanted to pass it along. This came through yesterday, no date has been mentioned.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I appreciate the information.

1 Like