SCIS training schedule

That’s crazy that they are having a training class with so many credentialed investigators out of work. The market is already saturated

4 Likes

No kidding! It’s hard to figure them out.

Might you know if SCIS has any opening for Field Investigators in Sacramento, CA area? I just applied to a Field Investigator position that just said “CA” for location.

Sorry, I do not know.

Ok, thanks. Is there an email or phone number I can use to enquier about it?

Go on linked in and look up SCIS investigations you should find it on there.

Are you still waiting for training? I applied to SCIS and my fingers are crossed that I get a call soon.
Is the training schedule out for 2020 yet?

No, they finally stopped stringing me along. Applied a year ago, signed COE in June, received clearance in October. Then they just kept telling me I’d hear from the training coordinator soon for a training date. Finally last week they told me there is no longer a need for investigators in my area. I’d be wary of them, they obviously put you through the whole process, which takes a very long time, without actually knowing if they have a job for you. Never once mentioning that there may not be a job actually available. Wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t have to notify my current employer back in June that I was most likely leaving. Now I have to explain to them that I’m not leaving. Doesn’t exactly put you in a good spot. I see people say don’t tell your current employer you are leaving until you are 100% sure you’re leaving, but that’s impossible when the NBIB is coming to your employer to do your background. So good luck with it, but understand that just because you sign a contract, it doesn’t mean there is going to be a job there at the end, even if you do get clearance.

They just posted a ton of Experienced Investigator jobs and entry level Investigator jobs for California. I assume that means they have work in Cali.

They did the same to me, strung me along for quite a spell then in the end told me not needed anymore.

Cali is one of the places where the companies ALWAYS need investigators because they can’t hang on to them long enough out there. Probably something to do with the low pay and how spaced out case work is since Cali is such a huge state. I’ve gone TDY to both northern and southern california and most of my time was spent sitting in traffic

2 Likes

I would NOT advise to get into this industry unless it is WITH DCSA directly. The contracting companies that you will work for will suck the life out of you. Ask any contractor that has been in the industry. The employers treat you like cattle, over work you, set unrealistic expectations. There is no life/work balance. Even when you are on vacation they assign work to you. Forget about vacation or sick time. I rarely take time off because it will hurt you in the end.

3 Likes

What KB won’t tell you is they will suck the life out of you. All propaganda…the “Gold Standard”? At the expense of investigators mental and physical health from the stress? I would love to see upper leadership take on a case load for a month.

3 Likes

I contacted DCSA but they don’t have “representation” in my area (Sacramento) but do in the SF Bay Area. I am happy working for a contractor here and if the chance to move to the Bay Area comes up I can take my clearance and see if I can get on with DCSA there.

Any word on SCIS training dates for 2020 yet?

Still waiting to hear something. I was told I should know something by the end of January as to when training would be.

Was asked by a scis recruiter if I was still interested in the position.

Don’t hold your breath for training dates. This industry is a done deal (if you’re a contractor). IF you get a training date you’ll probably work for a short period of time before being let go due to lack of work. They’ll just use you to eradicate the backlog and BAM…surprise!! And don’t expect any notice. You might get a day or two to pack up and send it all back (possibly on your own dime). Oh and the Recruiters? Ha, they’ll just string you along (as stated above). No, I’m not pessimistic. I’ve been in this catastrophic industry for quite some time and I know the game. I finally walked away. Do yourself a favor and run for the hills.

5 Likes

And SCIS is the worse! I interviewed with them in the summer and still didn’t receive a denial letter. Kept checking in, and crickets. Now they have these positions posted but I was told that they are building their pipeline. Notice they are the only ones with job reqs! They don’t have positions and they aren’t going to fool anyone in to thinking they would get the work before CACI! After us investigators have invested our lives to this mission, been lied to month after month and now they are interviewing like they don’t have folks without work! It’s sickening. Sorry for my rant but some of these companies need to have a little empathy.

2 Likes

I agree! IF they have any work it is temporary. Don’t turn down other positions waiting for SCIS to come through with a permanent job. The industry is a nightmare that has all but crashed and burned.

4 Likes