Almost 4 years and still waiting (SC)

Got my FOIA back, it took about 6 weeks.
I went through everything and I can’t see any issues or problems, other than some dates dates when did my application I didn’t overlap the dates for example for what I did:

Start working at company A from 08/2009 to 08/2010 then I start working at company B from 09/2010 to 09/2011.

My investigator told me it should be: finish with company A 08/2010 and start with company B 08/2010 as well, otherwise it will be gap one month. But he told me he will write a note that we went through it and corrected it, but he didn’t mention that in his report :confused:

Other than that and it’s all good and nothing negative at all in his final report and all the people the contact they responded positively, except on company they couldn’t respond because it sold to another company and they said we didn’t work there we he was an employee.

Also, almost everything regarding FBI investigations was redacted so I don’t really know what they are saying about me.

I was hoping it will move after I asked for a copy of my file but then this virus comes and slowdown everything, at this time I just want to keep my hot at any cost to bring food for my family.
Thanks everyone, just wanted to update you and will keep you posted.

1 Like

An FOIA request has nothing to do with the background investigation process and no impact on the process speed.

I have had to stop work on a case where the Subject did a FOIA request and mail in all my work “to date” this was a while ago under OPM). I never got the case back to complete.

I don’t think they release the case notes and incomplete reportsany more. This was the 2013-2014 time frame if I remember correctly.

1 Like