Are You Experiencing Security Clearance Processing Delays?

That’s why we are here, it just varies. I been waiting since the beginning of July 2017, nothing yet.

It looks like you haven’t been really waiting that long. Good luck!

krazyk is right. Be prepared to wait long and have sleepless nights until the ordeal is finally over.
I’ve been in the process since early 2016 and I am at the “final” stage of adjudication, and have been stuck there for the last 4~ months.

1 Like

After 9 months of waiting for my TS investigation/adjudication to be completed I thought the misery was over! Was I WRONG! Now, I’ve been stuck in SCI processing for the last two months-with no anticipated time to completion. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to be granted an SCI? This is for s three digit intel agency.

Great I will be in same boat now. Hopefully not long. Never thought about the SCI portion until you mentioned extra processing.

So I called that 726 number and they said that there is only 2 answers they can provide me with, case pending or case close. After case is close thats when adjudication starts. Who knows what timeline that is.

1 Like

For me, it took just under 9 months from completing the SF86 to being cleared for SCI for a 3-digit intel agency (non-contractor). I’ve done lots of foreign travel and am married to a foreign national. I listed every foreign contact I have and the method of contact; I had to use an Excel spreadsheet. I have a clean record and no financial issues. Held a clearance for 20 years in the military but it expired in 2004 after retiring. Hope this helps.

I’m the same as you. Accepted a GS position…Retired military last year ( Secret clearance) and spent 6 out of the last ten 10 years overseas(Korea and Germany working in classified environments) and my wife is a naturalized citizen. I’m wondering.why it’s taking so long. What do they look for that the TS investigation didn’t reveal?

I honestly figure there are too many people in line and not enough people working on it.
After an investigation is concluded, I can’t imagine how reviewing the materials would take upwards of several months, unless, as I describe, you are quite literally one file among hundreds in a huge pile.

Dude I wish mine has only taken 9 months. I am at 1 year and 1 month mark and all I need was an interim top secret. The funny thing is the government thinks I can be a network engineer, but I cant get a help desk job in the outside world. To the extent I’m literally digging ditches and building ponds to make ends meet.

At this point I think I must have drove a box full of kittens to deserve this wait time.

1 Like

Why not try and become a security officer? The pay is not bad but it will help you pass the time.

What day are you at now? 196 for me!

When trying to determine the number of days you’re waiting for the clearance, do you count only business days or every day? I’ve read some current articles that provide average wait time in days, but they do not specify if they mean business days or not :frowning:

Just sharing my timeline for a DOD Direct Hire Position:

E-Quip Submitted: May 9, 2017
Interim Denied: May 17, 2017
Credit Check: June 23, 2017**

I’m going for my initial secret and wanted to know what I should expect moving forward. I’ve been told different timelines and been reading different things online as well. I’m currently at 136 Days.

Does anyone know the name of the credit check agency?

I been waiting since it opened which was 08/30 2016(DoD contractor). I got called for an interview by investigator in mid June 2017. But I called yesterday and I was told it was still an open case. When it closes, ajudacation starts.I hope it goes quick. Just got offered a direct hire position with dod.

So I have a more general question, when they ask to list foreign nationals that I associate with, do they mean anyone who has a double citizenship also? Or just those who are not US citizens?

Read the form carefully… I’ve seen cases where they want to know about foreign-born US citizens!

I can attest to you its a pain being a foreign born US citizen.

loyo29 and folks here please help me understand my situation:

This his for an initial TS

02/2016 submitted hand written SF86 for a Contractor Position with the three letters agency through a company.

09/2016 poly

Then dead silence, no credit check, no references/employers contact, and no subject interview. All i hear from my FSO is that my case still in process. Any thoughts about this tremendous dely. I’m a year and half in and no progress. My wife is a naturalized citizen and the rest of my family ( father, mother and siblings) are not and they live overseas. Any hope of getting TS or should i just let go?

Thank you

I just wanted to put my timeline out there - it may be helpful for others, but I have a few questions too. This is for an initial TS/SCI as a contractor for a 3-letter IC agency. Also - I am a recent May grad with BS and MS in engineering.

SF86 Paperwork submitted - March 27th, 2017
CI Polygraph Completed - May 24th, 2017
Interview with investigator - August 17th, 2017
Investigator completes his investigation - August 31st, 2017

I’ve lived in the same state my whole life (not DMV area) so I do not believe there are any other investigators involved. I don’t know if the investigation is officially “closed” and am in adjudication at this point, but the investigator seemed to say once any last pending items were wrapped up it would be directly on to adjudications. It seems like things are moving along reasonably well, but I am worried about a slow process coming out of the investigation and before being assigned to an adjudicator. Any insight there??

For TS/SCI, is there an adjudication process for the TS and then a separate approval/adjudication process for the SCI portion, or is this something that is done all at once? Also - would love to see any other timelines for TS started in 2017 if anyone else is out there.

1 Like