Are You Experiencing Security Clearance Processing Delays?

Good news guys. So I called opm hotline and my investigation is now closed, I know it still needs to go through adjudication and who knows how long it takes but at least I know it’s moving along and not stuck in a pile.

My timeline for DoD contractor Secret.

• Investigation opened August 2016

• Declined interim early November 2016

• investigator interview early July 2017

• contacted congress rep last month. No answer yet.

• submitted a new sf86 for a DoD Fed job requiring the same clearance. Last month.

• investigator contacted two of my employers a week before October 31. No references contacted.

• investigation closed October 31.

• now pending adjudication

For those who have been waiting quite some time. It could be that they are preparing some type of interrogatory or SOR. March of 2018 will mark three years since I submitted my equip. Just barely received an interrogatory requesting more information.

I was just going through the old SF86 receipts and I saw that I did not have a number on the Home Telephone spot.If I didn’t put a number on the Home Phone Number spot on the SF86, is that going to be an issue? I put my cell phone number on Cell Telephone space so it’s not like they don’t have my number or my email. Just wanted to see if anyone could give me an answer or know anything.

It’s been awhile since I’ve updated my status.
EQUIP submitted (August 2016)
Investigation initiated (November 2016)
Interview (July 2017)
Interim clearance granted (August 2017)
Still waiting on that final clearance.

Was this a hardcopy SF-86 that you submitted? I ask because I didn’t think the eQIP would let you submit without filling in that field.

I wouldn’t think it would be a problem but stupider things have happened, and with alarming frequency.

Out of curiosity, how exactly did you contact your congressman (email, letter, etc.)? Thanks!

1 Like

Hello Everyone,
I submitted my equip for a secret clearance back in September '15. It is now over two years later and I have heard nothing, and the security officer has told me that all they know is that it is still in the process. Does anyone know who I can contact to find out what is taking so long? I have heard that I can contact my congressman to get things sped up, but I would like to know if that is of significant help.
Thanks

it was an online form. I really hope this wasn’t an issue. It was a pain to fill and I don’t want something as trivial as this to mess up the process.

I sent him a letter. There was a privacy form I had to include that I got off his website. His office called me to confirm they received the letter, but I didn’t hear anything for a while after until I received a letter saying they finished up what they were doing. Hope this helps!

It does, thanks so much!

You’re welcome! Good luck!

What department of government was your clearance for?

Can anyone tell me how quickly the appeals board turns around their decisions?

After my hearing, the administrative law judge decided in my favor but the legal team a DOHA has decided to appeal. The brief from the lawyers is due December 4 and I will turn my response around in a week or less.

How long will I have to wait?

Hi everyone,

im currently in the situation where im still in the process of getting a TS clearance and moved from one agency to another. I was told I was in adjudication over 2 months ago, and now I called my security officer and she told me that they werent in adjudication and are still waiting for paperwork, even though they said all paperwork was received 3-4 months ago. Wondering if anyone has insight on this or experienced this before. Thanks!

Is it possible that one or both of these agencies are among those that do their own adjudication and dont relay on DODCAF? That would be one explanation.

The previous agency did their own adjudication and the one im currently transferring to is the DODCAF

Hi Everyone!
I posted a bit earlier about my husband’s TS/SCI being locked up in Scattered Castles. Looks like none of the companies interested in him can access this system – and apparently the IC can say “nope” if they want to.
One company is trying to work with him by getting him an interim Secret. I’ve been reading on this site about the backlog, and his FSO says it could take up to 4 months.
Does the fact that he has had TS/SCIs before that are visible on JPAS, and that he has a current TS/SCI through the IC make _anything _ different in regards to the timeline?
By the way, I really appreciate this forum and all the good information. My husband has been out of work for a year and this process is so frustrating, but it helps to at least know something of what is going on.

My timeline so far for a Secret clearance:
July 19 2017: eqip submitted

Couple days after eqip submitted credit is pulled

2 weeks after that: current and previous employers contacted via mail confirming my employment

Nothing

Late August early September: Interim Clearance denied

Nothing

November 3 2017: Call from NBIB confirming current employers address and stating I will be contacted by an investigator within 3 weeks for a subject interview.

November 14 2017: Subject interview

Investigator said my subject interview is the last step and that my clearance application will now go to the adjudication board for review.

All in all ~4 months from eqip submission to adjudication phase for an initial, first time clearance.

To my knowledge none of my references were ever contacted.

So far so good.

The investigator may have developed other sources on their own to interview.

Don’t worry about not getting an interim, many get their clearance who did not get an interim.

Now comes the waiting game and you won’t get any more feedback til you’re cleared. Only exception would be if the adjudicator needs more info.

Luckily I have a connection with access to JPAS and I can get periodical updates.