Are You Experiencing Security Clearance Processing Delays?

Yes it is very common but some do make it in one try. Depending on the agency, a third attempt is not terribly unusual. Of course it is always best when they tell you right away that you passed.

I just can’t imagine doing this multiple times; you are a trooper, but what choice do we really have. The “no news is good news” adage is exactly what my investigator told me. I think what we applicants battle is that there seems to be no durational qualifier to the “no news.” Not overthinking sounds spot-on; I’ve stopped reading about polys so I don’t psych myself out. Any day for you…! Keep us posted!

1 Like

One try and/or being told that I passed would have been helpful. However stress tolerance and patience are good qualities to have, and are most surely being assessed to some degree. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m at 660 days for an initial TS/SCI.

shrug

How do you manage on all of this? I’m still waiting for my clearance.

I’m at 581 days for the same clearance.

1 Like

Its been about 90 days since I received my letter of intent to expedite. December 26, 2017. I am going to probably call my senator soon and see what is going on. Apparently, they are suppose to receive a letter whenever my clearance goes into adjudication.

I am sitting at 375. WOW, you two are amazing to stick things out!

Did you see the post on the other thread where they are now admitting that the FASTEST 90% of TS clearances take over 500 days? What a :poop: show.

1 so typical gov incompetence, breeches, slowness, laziness,
causing productivity to decline at DoD contractors. affecting national security.

If you want to know of how DOD caf works.

It’s a flow chart.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://ndiastorage.blob.core.usgovcloudapi.net/ndia/2016/industrial/purtill.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiM6djiq_nZAhVprlQKHTOgAnM4ChAWMAJ6BAgIEAE&usg=AOvVaw2xgk8xz6mpTuB2lJiu_qcl

1 Like

Fresh out of undergrad and I’m starting graduate school in the fall. I’m pissed that I didn’t just get a different job until the clearance finished, but it’s cause I was told it’d be 6-9 months. Hopefully will work something out with the IC agency in question once it does come through and I’m in school, but I’m moving forward more or less on the assumption I won’t get it.

I am EXACTLY in the same spot as you. Eval 1, due to back log. Its been over 2 years now. Polygraph was passed a long time ago. Have you had any other updates? Your interview? Past poly Jan 2016. I wonder if "Pending Subject Interview: is always the next step? I am single track as well. I should note I also have an active TS.

1 Like

I have heard if your poly was x amount ago you may have to retake it later on. Someone here that knows more than me should chime in…

Wait until the government shuts down again how much the backlog will keep on getting worse!

If you are working you are supposed to have a new poly every five years (maybe not the whole thing, probably depends on agency/program/job/etc) so I don’t know why it would be different for folks waiting to clear?

I heard people that taken a poly and since the investigation lasted so long they were required to take a new one. Have you heard cases like this?

I’ve heard of folks having to redo their urinalysis but not the poly. I can cite one case of a guy who was applying for a job with NSA and by the time they were done with his clearance, there was a hiring freeze. He eventually got hired and they had to redo some stuff but not the poly, I dont think.

As always, your mileage may vary.

and poly didnt stop walkers! they are mostly useless

My poly will have been two years ago this upcoming July, so I guess I’ll find out and report back then.