Are You Experiencing Security Clearance Processing Delays?

Did you call the NBIB Hotline to check if the investigation is indeed closed? If it’s still pending, it’s not in adjudication yet.

Below is my details for Secret Clearance and looking for guidance regarding what to expect next?

Mid Jan 2017 eQIP filled and Finger print done on 21 Jan 2017.
March 30 Credit report was pulled and April 5th Employment verification was send to OPM by current and past employer.On April 21st informed by FSO that my interim clearance was denied.
Subject interview was done on April 16 2018
Contacted Congressman office on April 21 2018
There is no news after that not sure what to expect next and when , It has been more than 16 months for secret and still counting. Hope at least it comes through after this long wait.

How did your subject interview go? Were you able to provide all the information your investigator requested quickly?

Did your FSO inform you on the exact date that your interim was denied? Was this date before or after subject interview?

In my experience OPM takes about 2-3 weeks to respond to congressional inquiries. They do not have a quick turnaround as one would expect.

You can contact the NBIB/OPM FOIA hotline by going to their website. It’s listed on this site as well.

If your subject interview occurred after the date of your official interim denial (note: not the day your FSO contacted you), you may be very close to being finished.

No, I did not call the FOIA line. My congressman’s staff contacted me to update me on their inquiry. That’s when I learned they had moved it to adjudication.

On that note, anyone know of DOD’s current adjudication timelines? A quick look says 2-4 weeks right now.

I’d call hotline just make sure the investigation is closed. (724) 794-5612 ext 7000, then dial 2, then dial 4.

Timeline below are the latest one for 1Q2018

The journey ended for me! Although it’s my first post, I’ve lurked on this thread far too long to not think I owe you my timeline.

Investigation opened: 04/05/2017
In-person interview with investigator: 5/10/2017
Interim denied:sometime…
Investigation closed: 11/15/2017
Congressmen contacted: 04/02/2018
Final decision: 04/13/2018

They were sitting on adjudication for the longest time, but some prodding from my representative got it going, or so I think. So hang tight and contact your congresspeople!

1 Like

Weird, I replied to you on Friday but it didn’t post.

I called the hotline and they confirmed what my congressman’s staff told me. That puts me at 14 days now. I assume, with what I know of my case, that the adjudicator will rule favorably and it should not take an exorbitant amount of time so I expect a call at any point now.

Update on my timeline T3 (Secret):

4/24/2017: Submitted SF-86
Mid summer 2017: Credit Pulled and one reference contacted
8/10/2017: Interim granted
Silence
4/4/2018: Contacted Congressman
4/16/2018: BI Completed by OPM/NBIB and forwarded to DOD adjudication
4/25/2018: Congressman staff calls to inform me of update provided to them by OPM
4/27/2018: Favorable adjudication!

Wow! Congratulations … :slight_smile: … This gives me some hopes that I will here something good soon …

great news, Im hoping someone on here will post a time line for a completed DoS secert. It seems like most if not all timelines cover DoD clearance and nothing on DoS clearances.

Any suggestions for this case I am little concern about approval because of delay.
Below is my details for Secret Clearance and looking for guidance regarding what to expect next?

Mid Jan 2017 eQIP filled and Finger print done on 21 Jan 2017.

March 30 Credit report was pulled and April 5th Employment verification was send to OPM by current and past employer.On April 21st informed by FSO that my interim clearance was denied.

Subject interview was done on April 16 2018

Contacted Congressman office on April 21 2018

There is no news after that not sure what to expect next and when , It has been more than 16 months for secret and still counting. Hope at least it comes through after this long wait.

It typically takes 1 week for your congressman office to make inquiry about your case. Then, it takes 2-4 weeks for OPM to respond back to your congressman office. Best advice right now is too wait. You can call the FOIA hotline to see if you investigation is closed or pending in about 1-2 weeks after giving sometimes for congressman office made inquiries about your case. Inquiry does give a little push to the finish line, but it depends on how complex your case is.

Your subject interview was just done 2 weeks ago, what are you expecting to happen? For my DOD clearance, I waited 18 months after subject interview before I heard anything. For the clearance I’ve been waiting on now it’s been 4 months since subject interview. Just because you had the interview doesn’t mean your investigation is over, and you still have to be adjudicated which could take months.

-Maybe you meant April 2017? Still, could be a few months before completion

Yes . . . You still have time to wait before you get concerned . . . Can’t explain why your investigation took that long but, I hate to say it, your adjudication could take just as long.

I waited 6 months after my BI. Adjudicated in a month.

Hi all,

Still waiting for my clearance to come through and still have not been contacted regarding a drug screening. I’m wondering how you all were notified that it was time to take a drug test: email, call, letter, or otherwise.

Thanks!

DOD Industry or DOD Agency? Industry typically requires you test right away for drug screening within 3-day of contingent offer acceptance date. They sent you and email with an appointment to an authorized local clinic for DOD drug screening. Most clinic will check if you are checking for DOT or non-DOT as they have different requirements.

1 Like

I had to do a complete drug screen (recreational and steriods) with in a week after submitiing my SF86 for a DoS secert.

1 Like

I filled out my SF86 in July 2016 and received my clearance eligibility in December 2017, started work in January 2018.

No one drug tested me at all . . . I was told that I am subject to random testing. I was very surprised that there was no pre-employment test. Not that it would have been a problem.

1 Like

For DOD-Industry, they do the background check and drug screening before they put you in the system for SF86.

1 Like