Contract rebid Summer 2022?

We were told by the end of the month, but not given an actual day.

1 Like

Which company of the 3 is the smallest?

I am going to assume that you are asking “Which company has the fewest investigative and support staff?” While all 3 keep those numbers secret - my guess is that Paragon/SCIS has the smallest number of people working the DCSA contract compared to CACI and Peraton. Lowest bid(s) will win and that pricing depends on how badly the parent company wants USG business. The parent co. for Paragon has 300,000 ee’s in 53 countries while CACI and Peraton have about 20,000 to 25,000 ee’s worldwide. I am sure that no company likes to lose bids, but the reality is that this contract is a hair on the backside of all of these company’s overall body of business.

2 Likes

Correct. And man, I had no clue Paragon was that large. What are your predictions on who will win?

No prediction from me. I do wish that CACI loses it, so all of the managers have to scramble.

2 Likes

I respect that. it’s hard to navigate the anxiety of not knowing if I will have a job at the end of all this…I’ve heard horror stories from CACI about their management and hope it’s them as well.

2 Likes

You will have a job. It’s just a matter of where. Every existing FI will still be needed.

3 Likes

Between Peraton having the lawsuit in April and Paragon being the smallest of the 3, I suspect CACI would get the contract. But, hey, it is DCSA so who knows

CACI is claiming that the award will be announced in a few (two?) weeks and that CACI will be one of the awardees. (So, what was this panic in June about for performance on the contract? - Oh, yeah, management bonuses at the end of the FY). Insider info? Is there a leak at DCSA? Or is this just more smoke up the skirt?

1 Like

I don’t think they can claim to know already.

1 Like

Well, not to be too snarky, but, they can claim anything that they want to claim. It is all for show, I feel, at this point in time. Just wanted to share with the investigator community what I heard…

1 Like

Woops, mis-worded that. Meant to say I don’t think they have true insight/ knowledge and are making false claims. I guess time will tell either way. Not a fan of CACI and what they’ve turned into so I’m not exactly rooting for them. But, we will see.

1 Like

Where did you see that CACI said that? That’s an interesting development.

1 Like

I work for CACI and our Section Lead stated on our team call a few days ago that there is no answer. He also stated he is a little nervous and that we should all be prepared for whatever the outcome may be.

Wow that’s rare to get transparency like that. Let’s all stick together and network if it goes south.

2 Likes

Well that’s not comforting. I am doing an internal transfer to a new position and neither SL, or the SLs I am working with on all the alternate contacts I’m on (:woozy_face:) seem bothered at all.

Whichever company DON’T get it, is going to wait until the last possible minute to tell everyone (GDIT repeat?) And if it is CACI that goes, I don’t think pera/para can take on that influx.

All 3 are actively hiring too.

Did I miss the date everyone is saying?

1 Like

I feel like this is one of those 5pm-on-the-friday-before-a-3-day-weekend kind of announcements. But that is just my guess. There is no official announcement date.

5 Likes

Because they don’t know what is going on and want to be ready to pickup the extra work.

As soon as it announced they winning companies will make it known, there will be no way for the company that didn’t get it to keep it secret.

Our section lead actually encouraged us to only work Monday through Thursday to fulfill our 40 hours then take Friday off for the long weekend. One has to wonder as Thursday is June 30. Does that mean they just want us, as usual, to pound out as much work as possible to meet their goals or does it mean they know we didn’t win and they just want to get their $$$$ as of June 30 as after that we are out the door.

1 Like

Nothing in writing from CACI on the matter. I heard it from mid-level management during a conference call. I am actually impressed if some other managers are being honest with the fact that the matter is still undecided.