Current DoDCAF Adjudication Delays

I have never heard of a 30 month rule for adjudications.

I have only directly spoken to adjudicators twice in my long career - both times were at gatherings. Adjudicators and field agents don’t normally interact with each other, directly, on a case.

Have you heard of some type of time limit on adjudications? You’d think that once your 5 years is up you’d need to resubmit the SF-86 but I hear that’s not the case.

May I ask what is the current estimated timeline fora DOD clearance adjudication

No estimate. Depends on the type of clearance and the possible issues involved.

A DOD TS is the type

Any updates on the timeline , I was told by different sources that my clearance should not take to long since I had a Q clearance in 2010

Per JPAS my interim has been requested, is now scheduled but dod caf has not yet posted. This sounds promising but what does it mean??

I should clarify - OPM investigation is closed and has been with DODCAF for some time but now says ‘scheduled’

Is there anyway to find out the status of or where a clearance is In the adjudication process other than the JPAS . I don’t think FSO will be any help on this. Is there an average adjudication time? How does a person find out about if there are any delays in process?

This question has been asked at least a hundred other times on this forum. Adjudication is supposed to be done in 90 days. People often wait many more months than that. NO ONE can tell you how long your adjudication will take and there is no way of finding out. All of us would like to know the same answer, but it just isn’t available. Wait patiently and you’ll find out when your security clearance is granted, or if they need more information from you. There is no one you can contact or ask to get a more accurate answer than that.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answe

1 Like

Apparently my T5 investigation closed on October 1st. My FSO checked today and said it said that it was open on 10th October as of today. I have long since had my interview and references checked. I knew there was noway to tell if it was actually in adjudication, but this is head scratching. Has anyone ever seen that kind of situation before? Is that just how JPAS reads?

1 Like

Submitted SF86 back in March 2018 for Secret. Met with BI on 20 November. Have yet to hear anything.

Idk about Ts, but for my T3 my FSO sent a screen shot of JPAS saying it was scheduled adjudication with DODCAF. Now whether it’s currently being adjudicates?..

My investigation was completed and sent to adjudication 13 Sep 18. As of today 28 Dec I am still waiting on the status. Does the current government shut down affect the time of adjudication? I’m starting to get a little worried since it has been over 90 days since closing.

I think so, since many employees will not work or unsure to get paid for their work during the shutdown. Adjudication is a blackhole of waiting!!!

1 Like

Khan,

Is there a way for anyone to check JPAS regarding where their clearance is at? To be more specific, is JPAS the right place to be poking around to see where a DOS Secret is at…?
I emailed DeptState website and they responded with, not seeing my name in their system

Thank you!
-ID-

Herbie,

Do you have that hotline number, please?

I think the answer is No. JPAS is pretty much only used by DoD… I think.

Just heard back! I am out of the adjudication. Took from September to January. Now they don’t have any open billets for me to enter :frowning: