Current DoDCAF Adjudication Delays

Is this for a contractor or for a government position?

Government position within DoD

I’ve heard of this happening, even seen similar stories on clearancejobs blog. Some folks are able to find another position and get hired without having to re-do a lot of the processing. I know one guy where the recruiter found a position for him. In any case, it sucks to be in this position after going through all the hoops.

SF86 submitted in June 2017. Investigation finished end of April 2018. Didn’t ‘go’ to adjudication until August 2018. Still no word on adjudication. Initial Secret. :frowning:

I’d appreciate any insight on the sitch below:

Tier 5 adjudicated via DHS back in October 2018 but only a Public Trust given then in December 2018 DoD put in for reciprocity for TS. Told no new SF86 needed. FSO told me today that we are just waiting for CAF to do their work but it seems it should be completed already right?

Wow…the investigation ended in April and didn’t go for adjudication until August? Wow.

GOOD NEWS . I got my final Secret Clearance granted for DOD contractor(linguist). I took me about 17-18 months from start to end. I know the waiting is sucks and dropped , but you have no choice. Forget it and get busy until its done.

Timeline

• Submitted SF-86 Sept 2017
  • my Interview and contacts called Nov 2017
  • CI screening Dec 2017
  • Investigation closed June 2018
  • Adjudication began July 2018
  • Clearance granted Feb 19, 2019
4 Likes

Hi currently dealing with the supposed long wait times for Q2 2019. I got an email from my ROTC HRA saying that my case was still open and that USACC has filed both for the interim TS clearance and sent a memorandum asking my TS-SCI be expedited. I am not all that worried about this being denied but I am worried about getting either the interim or full TS-SCI in time for my commissioning on May 3, 2019. I would like to commission and be done with ROTC and walk with my friends and start my career.
Can this be done before May 3? And why is this taking so long?

-Did the questionnaire for my cadet secret in Sept. 2017
-Paperwork hit the field agents desk in Sept 2018
-Interviewed for secret in Sept 2018
-USACC upgraded my clearance to TS-SCI in Nov/Dec 2018
-USACC filed for an interim TS clearance in Dec/Jan 2018-19
-Interviewed for TS-SCI on Feb 1, 2019
-So far as I know, all the references I gave have been interviewed
-Memorandum from USACC asking process be expedited date unknown will post when I do

any one knows how long its taking to get an interim clearance for Secret these days.

Assuming there is no derog, the granting organization will review the SF86, OF306, and SAC from your fingerprints. They’ll get the SF86 within a couple of days of you submitting your EQuip. The slowest part is the mail for the SAC and waiting on the granting org to review the material. Theoretically, this is all possible within a couple of weeks.

I’m in the same boat.

Filled out SF-86 10/2016.
Did not have interview until 06/2018.
Investigation closed 8/28/2018.
Still not adjudicated and this is for a Periodic Reinvestigation for TS-SCI. Had a memo sent up earlier this month to expedite the adjudication process. Not sure what will happen.

1 Like

I don’t know if this will be the same for most but my classmate sent in his paperwork on March 7th and received his interim secret on March 21st. He’s a contractor for CACI.

Update. 4 weeks ago USACC sent an expedition request so i could commission on time.
-Received a call a week later asking 2 questions and that my investigator in my college town was done and pushed it back
-week after that an investigator looking at my life at my parents house called asking about another simple question and also that they were done
-no word since but case still open. Unlikely I will get it approved before May 3.
-when they bounce cases back for clarification does the case get sent back to the bottom of the stack?

I dont think so, I think your case stays with that adjudicator. Should be soon now.

Understood, so you are saying the CAF receives my case, reviews it and sends it back for clarification and then it goes right back to that one guy?

Same, I started in April ‘16
Submitted to CAF December ‘18
Waiting adjudication

I’ve been waiting over 3 years for the entire process to complete.

I think that is how it works. It has been assigned to that adjudicator and they have to complete it. I have very little insight into the adjudication part of the process.

My SSBI investigation closed on May 2018 and has been in DoDCAF since at least June 2018 if not earlier.

I’ve heard that if it takes longer than 90 days, OPM has to give you a reason why its taking so long? Is this true?

I think I replied to this same question before, but I’d also like to point out that, up until a few days ago, OPM only did the investigation and had nothing to do with adjudication unless you’re applying for a background investigator job.

But now the whole mess has been transferred to DoD.

And they won’t tell you anything, at least they never told me anything. Until that day when they said, “you’re cleared” or “your periodic update is final.”