Dcsa interview advice or insight

Ahh sorry to hear that. What a waste of time. I was curious of the process, interview questions etc. They posted positions in Boston but who knows if they will actually hire anyone

2 Likes

I’m not surprised at all with one of the most incompetent federal agencies demonstrating incompetence even in something as basic as applicant interviewing.

3 Likes

No kidding! Embarrassing

Good Afternoon all,

So, I have been a federal employee for over 5 years and during that time I have applied for Investigator positions the entire time. For me, it’s “The Brass Ring”. I just love everything about the job. Well, I’m in a GS-9 job that I love in the NCR and recently applied for ALL openings within my location and I got the CALL! I was beyond excited. I have my panel interview soon and I love interviews; the more stressful the better, :-). They mentioned I would also do a timed written test at the end of the interview. Can anyone shed some insight on that for me? I am NOT asking for anything more than what it is, ie… hand written evaluation, writing a mock report, etc.

Thanks

I can’t imagine what type of timed written test DCSA would administer for new hires. A typing test would be the most logical. I remember doing one of those many many years ago before starting as an investigator.

The test might be the local SAC. The old written test was to determine if you could properly string several sentences together.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Thanks, that makes sense. Curious to see now for sure. Have a great weekend.

Well, I had NO idea my question would get so much interest/feedback. Thanks to all of you. So, the interview was AWESOME! Arguably one of the best interviews of my life. I’d like to share more about the interview for those going through the process for the first time.

Question for any DCSA Investigators out there; is it okay to share my interview experience or is that frowned upon? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thanks again. I’ll definitely update this post on their decision.

2 Likes

Hello,

I’m scheduled for an interview this week.

May I ask what your interview entailed?

Thanks in advance.

I had an Interview with DCSA a little over a week ago and they are calling my references. Is this reason enough to get a little excited? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I would say that is a good sign.

I also believe you may share your experience but keep it in generalities, usually agencies frown on giving out exact interview questions, etc.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I’ll keep the thread updated with my progress.

1 Like

Hi there, just wondering if you heard anything yet?

Not yet, my current supervisor was called and personal references. All of which called me and said it went very well.

How’s your process going? What region?

That sounds promising. I had the 2 interviews and it went well ( I think). 2nd one was last week. I didn’t hear any of my references were called though. I’m in Boston. How about you?

Good Luck! Second interviews are always a good sign. I’m going out for D.C.

Hello all,

Just thought I would share my experience to see if anyone was in the same boat. I applied in 04/2021, virtual interviewed late 04/2021, reference contacted in 05/2021, tentative officer signed 06/03/2021. I currently hold a clearance so I won’t need an additional investigation, just waiting on the drug test and firm offer.

Thank you for the contribution. It’s always nice to hear from others that are going through a similar process. Here is where I sit:

04/26 Position Closed on USAJobs.
05/14 Call For an interview from the SAIC.
05/21 TEAMS Interview with panel. Included a “Mock Subject Interview” and a timed writing sample.
05/27 Two of my references called me to let me know they were contacted by investigators.

I have not received a conditional job offer yet. I’m hopeful as it was one of those interviews where everything felt great! They laughed, they looked deeply engaged and interested and even said “You really immersed yourself in the mock interview.” I walked away feeling like I gave it everything I had. Now, the painful part; the waiting game. In a cleared job now so my guess is that will help some.

Any of you DCSA folks wanna “Chime” in and tell us how long you waited for an offer/start date?

1 Like

Wow the TEAMS interview sounds intense, but sounds like it went well. I would imagine all is well if they contacted your references. I was just contacted today (after my above post) for the drug test to be done within the next few days so once you get the offer things move very fast.

2 Likes