DCSA Investigators Mobility Agreement and Training Location

Hello everyone.

First post, so please excuse my ignorance.

I see in the investigator job posting that it state “May be required to sign a mobility agreement as a condition of employment.”

Was anyone required to do this a a condition of employment?

Also, is the training virtual or at a specific location, and for how long?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Federal or contract position.

Federal position I saw listed on USAJOBS.com.

Interesting, it does you may have to sign a mobility agreement under the conditions of employment. I guess they are covering their bases?

Conditions of Employment

• Must be a US citizen
  • Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service. For more information http://www.sss.gov
  • Resume and supporting documents received by 11:59PM EST will be considered
  • This is a Drug Testing designated position
  • Position is a (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under U.S.C. 1601
  • Work Schedule: Full Time
  • Overtime: Occasionally
  • Tour of Duty: Flexible
  • PCS (Permanent Change of Station): Not Authorized
  • Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
  • Financial Disclosure: Not Required
  • Telework Eligibility: This position is telework eligible.
  • Extensive travel is required within the local commuting area of this announcement as well as the possible need for frequent overnight travel outside the local commuting area.
  • This is not a law enforcement position. It does not require or permit the carrying of firearms and does not provide hazard pay.
  • The incumbent will be designated as a home-based employee, and is expected to meet all job requirements without access to government issued office space.
  • Valid Driver’s License is required.
  • May be required to sign a mobility agreement as a condition of employment.
  • Suitable for federal employment employment, determined by a background investigation.

Yeah, that was my question. Did anyone have to sign one as a condition of employment?

This condition usually means that the position has a fixed period of time, after which the person filling the position will be reassigned. The reassignment could be at a different location than where the listed position is. Signing a mobility agreement means that if a position isn’t available locally, you agree that your next “assignment” could be at another location. However, on this case it says “may” be required. In the past, Inhave seen them state will be required to sigh.

Thank you for the clarification.