Dept of Interior EOD completion process to start Job

Help I have been googling and asking everyone I know on what is all is involved or required to pass and get a Dept of Interior EOD to start. Job. I recently got offered a position working on DOI contract the offer letter states start date contrngent on EOD completion. I ask the HR to explain to be what’s involved wha type of clearance level is involved Public trust, secrete etc or is it similar to the DOD process and got a very vague response . Said it’s required and it takes a month the end. My concern is I have been thru all the above listed cleaners in the past and the on I swore I’d never do again because of the length of time and loops I had to go thru was the DOD. Can you give me any input on what type of investigation type process the EOD is similar to and is the normal processing time to obtain it only a month I don’t think I’ve been through to many except the public trust that only took a month. Understanding what is intailed in the DOI EOD will greatly impact my decision to take the position as I need to find Employement fast and nervous this job will take longer to start than a month .
Any advice , input in any way on this subject would be deeply appreciated…

One important clue would be in the forms you filled out… did you have to complete anything besides the OF-306? They can do a quick ‘suitability’ type check based on that. If you had to do an SF-85 or SF-85P, that would indicate Public Trust. SF-86 would be for a security clearance but I don’t know who in Interior would need a security clearance…?

With the new “Tiered” investigations some “public trust” investigations can take as long as a Secret clearance used to take.

Did the job announcement mention anything about a security clearance?

Based on what you’ve said so far and some wild guessing, I’m thinking it is a very basic suitability review based on the information in the OF-306. But I’ve been wrong before.

No actually it’s states none under clearance level

@sbusquirrel

February 23

One important clue would be in the forms you filled out… did you have to
complete anything besides the OF-306? They can do a quick ‘suitability’
type check based on that. If you had to do an SF-85 or SF-85P, that would
indicate Public Trust. SF-86 would be for a security clearance but I don’t
know who in Interior would need a security clearance…?

With the new “Tiered” investigations some “public trust” investigations
can take as long as a Secret clearance used to take.

Did the job announcement mention anything about a security clearance?

Thanks after reading your reply I ask because no they didn’t have it listed in the job posting.
They said This is the process
eQuip 1st intern EOD 2 to 4 mths to complete goes back 7yrs
BESS - not sure what that’s used for
OPM - to check education friends references

Any input/advice on how hard it is to pass - I have debt no forclosure / bankruptcy , on probation for a silly mistorminor from 4 yrs ago telephone harassment and I have 1 DUI . They want me to give them an answer next week. I do want the job but I also know a few other positions that are coming with the same company that are not so BG intense that I won’t be able to apply for if I accept the position so I’m just struggling on what to do this one is an offer