Disconnected Email

@fed-investigator… I appreciate that.

Honestly, I don’t know. It could be credit…I had issues in the past. I took care of all of that.

I’ve never been arrested as I’m a police officer… lol

And I don’t have any foreign contacts, I’ve only been out of the country once for my honeymoon and I didn’t make any friends while I was there. So maybe it could be something to do with finances… if I had to make an educated guess.

With that said, my credit report didn’t show any negative things and my credit score is in the high 700s.

Weird, with no real problems, I wonder what’s up. Could have the offer been rescinded because your case has been sitting with OPM?

Was this is a State Dept. or an IC agency that keeps their investigations in house.

1 Like

@fed-investigator, I honestly don’t know. I know that my first poly came back inconclusive… “passed” the second.

This particular IC agency is in MD, so yes, they handle their own BIs.

No subject interview and NO references contacted.

Got it. Out of my wheelhouse, we dont do polys and I dont know much about them.

It just sucks it took so long to get denied. I fee for you.

I applied to DEA three years ago. They made me go through an entire investigation even though I’ve had TS eligibility for years and we (OPM) do their background checks.

I transferred with my current job a year ago to AZ and bought a house three months ago. Last month, they offered me a position in CO but I just can’t relocate my family again so soon. I asked for one training class deferment (they do one or two a year) to see if a position would open up near me and they said no. Was really a gut punch. Three years waiting and hoping, down the drain.

1 Like

@fed-investigator, so I guess I have nothing to complain about… wow. That’s very unfortunate. I’m sorry.

In my limited knowledge of all this, I’m like 80% sure it’s NOT a clearance denial and just maybe a suitably thing. (I hope)… I just wish, I didn’t put all my eggs into this one basket and that it’s NOT a denial and that I can apply for other positions at other agencies.

I have to wait at least a couple of weeks for the letter they are going to send, just so I can respond to it to find out the issue was.

So we shall see…

1 Like

Fingers crossed it’s an easy (if there is such a thing) fix!

All eggs in one basket does indeed suck! Much luck in the future though!

1 Like

@fed-investigator… thank you!

1 Like

@Trey3 just wanted to say that I’m sorry to hear about this and hope things work out for you. It’s disappointing that this broken process eliminates good and dedicated people from serving our country.

Thank you for your service as a police officer, and please continue to keep us posted.

1 Like

Man, I’m so sorry. I’ve been following these threads since early July (my security forms submission) and finally created an account just now solely with the purpose to offer my condolences. Hoping you hear something fixable or contestable in the letter!

2 Likes

@Desk, wow. That means a lot and I appreciate that. Thank you!

And I certainly will.

@Waffles… welcome!!!

That’s unbelievable — I gotta say —I’m shocked that you would do that. And it means a lot. Thank you!

Good luck going forward… I wish you best!!!

It is possible to get a denial at any point in the process.
But I really think (and hope) it isn’t a denial… if she actually said you can reapply in a year and the email said so then it isn’t a denial. I know lots of people who have been getting those discontinuation emails, and letters from this particular agency. Not sure why, maybe they’re giving out too many offers or something :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

@Anon1… I really hope it’s NOT a denial. If so, that almost means I’m done with federal cleared jobs moving forward.

In the email she states: “In most such cases, candidates can be reconsidered for employment within a year of the closeout decision.“

:man_facepalming:t5:

1 Like

They wouldn’t say that if it was a denial - most people who are discontinued can apply in a year. Some… well let’s just say i know some people who got discontinued and didn’t get told that they could even reapply.
But if it is a denial, you can always appeal it. It can be done.

2 Likes

@Anon1, ok… makes sense. It’s a waiting game at this point I guess.

I’ll wait for the discontinued letter —see what it says — then send in said letter, just to see if it was a denial or NOT…lol.

Good luck! Keep us posted

1 Like

@Anon1…absolutely, thank you.

@Trey3, I will share some thoughts. Based on the information provided, I do not believe you will receive a Statement of Reasons (SOR). Before SOR can be issued, the Government has obligation to give you a chance to present your case to an investigator. This doesn’t appear to be the case here (assuming that there are no other significant or other disqualifying issues).

As for wait a year, I am perplexed by this. With security clearance denial, you will need to wait a year then request a reconsideration. Since I doubt you were denial, I wouldnt lean credance to the recruiter’s statement as there is no statutory or regulation requirement that applicant will need to wait and try again in a year. I cannot imagine that a federal agency would have such a policy. My point is… in absent of SOR, you can AND should apply immediately.

I do know that federal agencies do have language that the agencies may discontinue an applicant’s application if the applicant did not receive favorable adjudication within 12 months of tentative offer. I know this language is unfair, but it is what it is. So, this could be the case.

Anyway, I would recommend you to keep applying for as many jobs even if you already have a tentative offer or have a job. Sorry that this is happening to you :frowning:.

2 Likes

An SOR can be issued by the government before presenting a case to an investigator. It can be issued solely off of what you provided on an SF-86 or additional forms… but yes, I highly doubt that this is an SOR, based on the language used by the recruiter.
Agencies can and have required applicants to wait a year before being reconsidered. Some (including this one) can and will disregard the application if you put one in before the 1 year has passed.

2 Likes

@AWoodhull… thank you. I appreciate your input.

Yes, to your point, I was never contacted by an investigator for an SI nor were my references contacted. I cannot specifically think of any obvious disqualifying issues.

I had some credit issues in the past that I addressed for them specifically. A write up at work that I addressed. And during the poly, I told the interviewer that there were times in the past I would have a couple of drinks after work or with my wife and drive — nothing egregious — unfortunately that’s apart of police culture. (It’s doesn’t make it right, I know, that’s why I brought it up)… that could be it.

For all I know, it could’ve been something during the psych that I said… at this point… I just don’t know.

No arrests, no financial issues… my credit is at the best point it’s ever been in my life… and it’s still getting better… (thanks marriage…lol) no, foreign contacts, same job for the 8 years, plus 4 years for a previous position, lived in the same geographical area all my life.

I’ll find out soon… I guess.

@Anon1.