SOR Timeline Question/Feedback

Hello guys! I’m kinda new to this process, but I sent my response to the SOR last month and received a response in the mail. I’m freaking out because it’s only been 4 weeks since I sent my response and their fast reply makes me think I got denied again. I feel my letter was strong and I included testimonials from people that were with me on the nights of question… can anyone clarify the time for me? For those that got approved/denied, how long did it take for them to send it back?

You sent your response and received a response in the mail and you are freaking out thinking that you were denied? What did the response say?

First of all, that response that you send isn’t your appeal. It’s really a notice that you are appealing the decision. In some cases, this response is reviewed and the SOR is withdrawn. In your response were you clear that you were appealing? Did you request an in-person hearing or a “hearing on the written record”?

Four weeks seems about right. They already have the SOR so they don’t need to review what they want to deny you for, they just have to write it up.

We need to know more about your “response” and what they sent back.

Sorry for not going into detail. I got my SOR about February. Sent in my reply in March and have something in the mail now. I am out of town on business and cannot reach to the letter, but I’m scared it’s saying I have to go to court. But because it isn’t certified mail, I’m confused as to what it is. I was wondering if anybody had this experience of them dismissing the SOR and approving them.

You sent your response and received a response in the mail and you are freaking out thinking that you were denied? What did the response say?
I’m out of town and can’t get to it. I’m scared they’re dying I have to court.

First of all, that response that you send isn’t your appeal. It’s really a notice that you are appealing the decision. In some cases, this response is reviewed and the SOR is withdrawn. In your response were you clear that you were appealing? Did you request an in-person hearing or a “hearing on the written record”?

I got a lawyer and we worked it out together, so yes it was clear we were appealing.

Four weeks seems about right. They already have the SOR so they don’t need to review what they want to deny you for, they just have to write it up.

We need to know more about your “response” and what they sent back.
I’m just confused as to why it’s not certified mail lol
[/quote]

OK . . . Did you request a hearing in front of a judge or on the written record? If it is the former, you are likely to have a hearing. It’s not “court”, it’s more like an arbitration hearing. If the latter, you will receive a copy of the government’s legal argument to deny your clearance and you will have to draft a response.