Disconnected Email

I’m sorry man. Your posts here were great, hopefully it’s just a “we filled all of these positions” kind of thing.

1 Like

@Porgy… yeah, great at annoying people…lol.

But, thanks, I appreciate that… me too.

1 Like

nah, they actually sparked a lot of interesting convo that I learned a lot from. don’t be so hard on yourself!

1 Like

@Porgy… trust me, I’m not. As a cop you learn to make fun of yourself… lol.

2 Likes

@Anon1, although I have not come across a case, you are right that SOR may be issued.

Regarding to one-year wait time, DoD follows 5 CFR § 731, which deals with suitability. This part is silent on wait time after receiving suitability denial with exception of debarment. Agencies may debar applicants based on criteria listed in 5 CFR § 731.202.

So, agencies cannot tell applicants to wait a year due to the unfavorable suitability criteria unless it is due to one of elements in 5 CFR § 731.202.

1 Like

@AWoodhull… excuse my ignorance here, but does an SOR equate to a clearance denial?

@trey, yes, it does.

Trey, my guess is that the suitability denial letter will be ambiguous at best. In that case, I would suggest you to submit a privacy act to the agency for any records pertaining you. Also, submit a freedom of information act request for information pertaining to the position which you applied and you were offered.

1 Like

@AWoodhull… yes, I’ll do all that.

So with that said, don’t apply for any positions that require a security clearance any time soon… because I’ll have to state that I was denied one?

@AWoodhull… crap!!!

I just remembered that applied for a position that requires a TS like 3 months ago. That’s out of the picture now. Wow… :man_facepalming:t5:

@Trey3, actually you should apply for any positions (public trust and national security positions) immediately and you do not need to report suitability denial. So, there is no need to report a suitability denial.

The position that you applied 3 months ago is not out of picture. Don’t give up until you get a security clearance denial which I dont think is the case here. Don’t let this discourage you. It happens to even the best of us.

1 Like

@AWoodhull… ok… thank you again for taking the time to explain all this.

1 Like

You are right, but discontinuations have been issued and applicants have been requested to wait a year for other reasons (including but not limited to: agency ran out of time for processing). I have seen this happen numerous times unfortunately (with this specific agency).

With regards to the SOR, i have seen a couple of cases where only an SF-86 was submitted and a denial was issued a month later. Unfortunate but it happens

1 Like

@Anon1… ok.

For me, my SF-86 was submitted in March of last year. Had my poly and psych this February and March. Radio silence until the discontinued email.

Is it possible they found or saw something they didn’t like in that span of time? Ie, National Agency checks. (I can’t even come come close to think of anything…lol.)

Did they say SOR specifically? Or just letter?

1 Like

@Porgy… I should have been more clear. Just a letter stating why I am be discontinued.

1 Like

@Trey3 how long did they say it should be before you receive this letter? This letter doesn’t tell you why you were discontinued, it gives you instructions on how to find out why?

2 Likes

@Rkf4ever… she said in a couple of days to at least a week.

Yes, the letter tells me how to find out why was discontinued.

Even now still multiple steps and waiting just to find out one answer…this process man lol

1 Like

@Rkf4ever… exactly…lol

So sorry to hear that. I don’t think it’s a SOR either. It could very well be that the position was filled. I don’t know why they said you had to wait a year. That may be just with that agency. If it was a letter coming from OPM it would come in a couple of days. But you would hear from them before they did if it was a denial and you have a right to dispute

1 Like