Disposable Rant (Nicely) Room

@realitycheck, not part of management and really wouldn’t want to be due to this whole ordeal.

@deedisdone, you said you give the edge to Keypoint but don’t want to be part of a RIF, did you take that into consideration?

I have until this Friday to make my final decision. I’ve put one offer on hold while considering the other but these posts are making it easier.

I did receive a sign on bonus at both CACI and Keypoint, but key points sign on bonus was double that of CACI .

I have health benefits for my family and it’s $355 a paycheck which is times 26 pay periods = 9230 a year plus a deductible of $4000 so I’m paying over $13000 a year for health insurance before insurance kicks in really and I start only having to pay 20% of the cost. At CACI it’s either a ppo or HMO so there are only a $100 -$300 deductible and copays. Keypoint offers 5 plans with the most cost per paycheck for a family at $380 for no deductible and roughly $80 a paycheck for a $2500 deductible . I’m leaning to somewhere in the middle like the $800 deductible if I choose to with Keypoint and it’s about $160 a paycheck which is a savings of $8270 a year. I mean the benefits alone are worth moving on from usis, because anyone from usis can tell you how bad the health plans have become over the years.

I considered the possibility of a rif, but I can’t predict the future, so I can’t worry about what I can’t control.

Also CACI health plan would save me over $6000 a year from what usis costs so either company honestly has better benefits

KPGS is owned by VERITAS CAPITAL a large diverse organization. Food for thought.

http://www.veritascapital.com

What’s making it easy for me is USIS’ news release yesterday. Part of their response indicates because OPM (among other agencies) has had a recent cyber-security breach, with no repercussions, why shouldn’t USIS be allowed same?

Way to go, USIS. Bring your only paying customer down with you! This is no way to end the stop-work order & bring us all back to. Ugggh. How do you spell Ignorant?

I think the hammer just fell.

Good luck to the USIS folks, thoughts are with you.

Fed Investigator,

Please explain what you mean by the hammer just fell….

Nice way to post a comment and leave us hanging.

What are you referring to?

Another nail in the coffin. Keypoint CEO told me that OPM has waived the requirement that a USIS employee must turn in creds & PIV card to USIS upon resignation if they are being hired by either Keypoint or CACI. This waiver only applies to USIS employees. This tells me the OPM is making it easier for CACI & KGS to hire USIS people because OPM either wants to even the field or drop USIS entirely. Either way, it is not good news for USIS.

Effective September 30 USIS will no longer work on the OPM contract or the support services contract. USIS is done.

Reginv,

You are getting direct calls or emails from the Keypoint CEO?

OPM has officially announced that the field and support services contracts with USIS that expire 9/30 will not be renewed.

Good luck to all those affected.

@cacukgsis

Where are you getting this information?

I see nothing about the media reporting this….

Oh, well. Good luck to KPGS and CACI! Better take whatever is being offered to you now. I hear CACI and KPGS being very selective w/pay now that USIS has been kicked out of the game.

This sucks so bad for the entire industry. I’m very sorry for all the USIS people! And the rest aren’t in a great position either- competition for our services is now limited to two companies. Not good for anyone (less options is never good). Wow.

I was under the impression the contract did not end until Dec 2014.

OPM’s Associate Director announced it to all FIS employees late this afternoon. It’s done.

@JoeHackett

fedagent and cacukgsis are both correct. OPM stakeholders and federal employees were notified this afternoon that the USIS contract for any continued services will not be renewed past its 9/30/2014 expiration. I know this is uncomfortable for everyone at the moment and all those still employed feel for our colleagues under USIS. The work is still there and needs to be done so it would be a good idea to apply with KeyPoint and/or CACI if anyone would like to continue in this industry. Contracts and staffing are always changing so we never know what name we’ll be working under (OPM to USIS in the 90’s, DSS to OPM in 2005, USIS to … in 2014).

Keep as positive as you can and I’m sure either company will treat you fairly. Remember, they need your experience as bad as you need them as an employer. Good luck!

Great…For all of us in the process of “feeling” out offers from Keypoint and CACI, they now have all of the leverage and can do whatever they want to us now. I wouldn’t be surprised to see offers rescinded at this point.