Final Top Secret Timeline

Here is my timeline for those of you interested like me in the past.

• 05/7/2019 - Submitted SF86
  • 07/2019(Not sure when?) Notified by employer and security personnel that end of the year fiscal funding ran out for my company (Dont know exact details). But I waited until Nov to resubmit
  • 11/3/2019 - Resubmit my SF86
  • 12/4/2019 - Met with investigator at work asking about some clarifications on my form (I had issues. My record wasnt clean and Ive been in trouble in the past that needed clarification)
  • 12/15/2019 - Same investigator from above interviewed my roommates
  • 1/2/2020 - Another investigator interviewed with family back at home
  • 1/10/2020 - Another investigator interviewed with my friends in another city
  • 3/25/2020 - Investigation case closed
  • 5/1/2020 - Final TS Adjudicated
  • 5/8/2020 - Security emailed me and my lead/manager that my final TS came in with the closing and adjudicated dates.

Next step: SCI? Likely so. Not in my current position but in my next career transition.

Hmmm…interesting. A week ago I was told by my FSO that according to new gov regulations poly and CI will be conducted before a case can be adjudicated for TS clearance. That’s how he explained that my BI was closed a month ago but adjudication hasn’t started yet - it must be on hold for poly scheduling. But you are saying you never had a poly…

Unless somehow your TS doesn’t require a polygraph.

They dont all require Poly.

2 Likes

Yes, this is correct.

Depending on the work there may be no Poly. In my case, if the project requires SCI then Polygraph is needed. Not sure why but for my work they typically do it in steps (at least for my engineering department…).