Finally got the long awaited email.

I have been awaiting for almost 2 years but got the email today saying my clearance was granted. Thank you to everyone who commented on my posts.

2 Likes

Congratulations! What department of government, what level of clearance, and did you get a start date?

DOD, TS and I have working already with an Interim. Just was waiting for the full deal.

Great news! Did you have to take a poly?

No i did not. I hear those can be pretty tough

1 Like

TS without a poly? Interesting, i thought everyone had to take poly for TS.

I found it strange too! Perhaps the poly is for TS/SCI? But not necessarily for TS? In any event, that’s one less thing that Djholli had to worry about!

1 Like

You can be eligible for a TS through an SSBI which typically doesn’t include a polygraph. Polygraphs are require for TS/SCI.

Nope. And plenty SCI TS that don’t get one either. But for those of us suffering under them (I have had 4 at recurring intervals)…yeah not much fun.

2 Likes

As noted by @amberbunny, A TS clearance does not require any type of poly and not all TS/SCI positions will require a poly. Certain IC agencies require it and certain positions with the DoD and other agencies have requirements for specific type (e.g., counterintelligence, special agents, etc.)

2 Likes