How long does it take to get a security clearance?

It has been a little over two months since I turned in my sf86. I am wondering why I did not get my interim security clearance, even though I have a very clean record for over 10 years.

I was told my security clearance has moved to field work, and I should expect a call soon for an interview.

Is over 60 days about average for getting a security clearance?

One is only granted an interim clearance when it is needed before an investigation has been completed. Some agencies have a policy of not giving interims. The investigation takes between 4 and 8 weeks to complete depending on the level and number of items they need to complete. After that it is up to the agency that requested the investigation to adjudicate it, another 1-3 weeks if no issues are present, longer if there are unresolve4d issues.

Does anyone have an idea that will help me. I am stationed in Riyadh, I filled out my SF form and had the interview in December of 2012, it was submitted to the adjudicator, who ask me to clarify some issues, the biggest was a tax lien from California, that should not have been there. I got the lien released in two days with an apology, there were a couple of financial issues that were cleared up with the exception of one that is being contested because it is not mine. I answered all the questions. The security office in Riyadh, transposed the middle two numbers of my SS number, as a result the file was closed. There has not been an issue about it, I pushed and found out the numbers were transposed and had the file re-opened on March 25th of this year. It still says it is awaiting adjudication. I have been offered another position back in Guam, and they want me to have my Secret clearance. Riyadh will issue an interim if needed but Guam is hesitant in case it falls through. We have been in touch with the DODCAF and they say all the paper work is there and it all looks good and I should get the clearance. It has been awaiting adjudication again since March. I am fearful the tentative offer will get pulled if it takes to long, does anyone have any idea how long it takes when it says it is awaiting adjudication. I would really appreciate any response. Thanks