Hi all, I’m in the middle of processing for and IC position, about 8 months since SF-86 submission.
My current and unrelated job may be offering voluntary severance packages and financially it would be a no brainer for me to take since finding new, similar work in this region would be extremely easy. Plus I would be released from relocation and signing bonuses I would have to pay back if my clearance eligibility is approved in the near future. However my concern is that my BI is ongoing and this will be something I’ll need to explain and could cause at best a delay, and at worst a denial.
Can anyone weigh in with some insight? I would be leaving a job rather quickly from when I started, albeit voluntarily. Staying on is 100% on the table and as I’m not strapped for cash, if that is the “safer” move in regards to my clearance i’d gladly turn down the package.