I passed my CI Poly, but if I quit my current job, will it affect my future job that wants CI Poly/SCI

I currently have a Q clearance with a DOE contractor and I passed my CI Poly with them in September 2023 but I been waiting for my SCI since September 2022 when I first joined this contractor.

I can’t explain why they are slow as I have never been arrested or had any drug issues, but it has been a long wait.

A couple weeks ago, I had an interview with a DOD contractor that is paying more than double the salary and I get to pick the location in either California, Maryland, Virginia, Texas or Florida. However, a CI Poly/SCI is required to obtain for that role as well as transferring DOE Q to DOD TS.

Two questions.

1. How would the transfer from Q to TS work since DOE and DOD are two different agencies? Or would a whole new SF-86 need to be done again? I heard there is some expedite transfer process.

2. Even though I don’t have SCI now, will my CI Poly transfer from DOE to DOD or would I have to do CI poly all over again?